The Alaska State Ferry Tustumena is tied up in Homer with mechanical problems.
The State Department of Transportation issued an alert Tuesday afternoon around 4 that the Tusty would miss its Tuesday sailing from Homer to Seldovia and back, as well as today’s sailing from Homer to Port Lions and Kodiak.
The Ferry System expects the Tusty to resume its regular schedule tomorrow (Thursday), arriving in Port Lions at 7 a.m. Friday before it heads on to Ouzinkie and Kodiak.
Marine Highway staff is contacting affected passengers, but for more information you can call your local ferry terminal toll-free at 800-642-0066.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages