Kodiak College is looking to add some new fishing-related courses to its curriculum, and is seeking public input on the matter.
There will be a roundtable discussion on potential vessel repair and maintenance courses that the college would like to offer, and the community is invited to share what they would like to see offered in those classes and what they’d like to learn. The discussion is scheduled for Friday in room 106 of the Benny Benson Building at the college. Starting at 9:30 a.m., all interested shore-based parties and service providers are invited to attend, followed by a discussion with boat owners and crew members at 1 p.m.
The discussions are expected to last an hour and are an opportunity to provide input for making the classes a reality in Kodiak.
For more information, folks can contact the college’s maritime workforce development coordinator, LA Holmes.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Health Insurers Are Vacuuming Up Details About You — And It Could Raise Your Rates
- Amid A Hispanic Boom, Conflicting Feelings On Immigration
- Trump's Helsinki Bow to Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?
- Money Surges Toward House Democratic Hopefuls
- Late Mother Teresa's Order Investigated For Child Trafficking In India
- Vote Leave: Brexit campaign 'broke electoral law' in referendum
- Millions to face hosepipe ban in north-west England
- Brexit: Chequers plan not dead, insists Liam Fox
- Trump-Putin summit: US president under fire over poll meddling comments
- Slime toys could have 'potentially unsafe levels' of boron, says Which?
- IS fighters' orphaned children stranded in Libya
- Iditarod adds four new board members amid criticism
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 16, 2018
- Alaska’s LNG project looking for private contractor to help with federal permitting
- Alaska senators fault Trump for going easy on Putin
- Alutiiq ancestral objects return home to Kodiak after nearly 150 years
- Looking to fill niche and begin enterprise, Anchorage teen opens streetwear store
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages