Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Students Serve Up Stories Of Beloved Family Recipes In A Global Cookbook
- Police Videos Aren't Going Away. How Can We Learn From Them?
- What If You Held An African Summit And No Africans Could Come?
- After A Wild Week, The House Trump-Russia Probe Endures — Barely
- A High School's Lesson For Helping English Language Learners Get To College
- Douglas Carswell quitting UKIP
- London attack: Two men continue to be questioned as seven released
- Boy, 17, dies after amateur boxing match in Derbyshire
- Trump defiant after healthcare bill pulled before vote
- US and UK laptop bans on some Middle East flights come into effect
- Red Nose Day 2017: Carpool Karaoke with Take That
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages