Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- A U.S. Delegation Is In Talks With North Korea, According To The State Department
- Bikers From Across America Ride To Remember Soldiers 'Unaccounted For'
- USS Arizona Memorial At Pearl Harbor Closes Indefinitely Due To Structural Concerns
- Subtropical Storm Alberto 'Is Gaining Some Tropical Characteristics'
- Parenting Advice From Uncle Sam
- Arlene Foster: Irish abortion vote has no impact on NI law
- Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- WH Smith voted UK's worst High Street shop in Which? survey
- World Cup 2018: Being black in Russia
- Mamoudou Gassama: Mali 'spiderman' wows France with Paris child rescue
- Biggest Weekend: Taylor Swift plays the hits then runs in Swansea
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages