Coming up this week, Kusko fishermen get another salmon opening; herring is kinda slow in the Aleutians, and the Canadians are the latest to airlift salmon. All that, and a blast from the Alaska Fisheries Report past. We had help from KYUK’s Daysha Eaton in Bethel, KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KTOO’s Lisa Phu in Juneau, KFSK’s Joe Viechnicki in Petersburg and KMXT student intern Yasent Oliver in Kodiak.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- GOP Senate Bill Would Cut Health Care Coverage By 22 Million
- Same-Sex Marriage Support At All-Time High, Even Among Groups That Opposed It
- Facial Recognition May Boost Airport Security But Raises Privacy Worries
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Goes On Trial For Securities Fraud
- After Decline Of Steel And Coal, Ohio Fears Health Care Jobs Are Next
- Conservatives agree pact with DUP to support May government
- Grenfell Tower: Cladding firm ends global sales for tower blocks
- Trump travel ban injunction partly lifted by top US court
- Theresa May sets out post-Brexit offer on EU citizens
- Painter Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed for paternity suit
- What happens when you're sleep deprived?
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages