The Kodiak Safeway store was closed for several hours Sunday due to a fire in the bakery. Store Manager Mike Murray said in a post to Friends of Kodiak that the fire was limited to the smoke stack of one of the store’s two baking ovens.
The Kodiak Fire Department responded and evacuated the store while police kept cars away. Murray said closing the store at the time was the right thing to do for everyone’s safety.
He said the firefighters inspected the kitchen from the oven to the roof and found no damage outside the smokestack.
Murray said the store was back to normal by early evening.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- A U.S. Delegation Is In Talks With North Korea, According To The State Department
- Bikers From Across America Ride To Remember Soldiers 'Unaccounted For'
- USS Arizona Memorial At Pearl Harbor Closes Indefinitely Due To Structural Concerns
- Subtropical Storm Alberto 'Is Gaining Some Tropical Characteristics'
- Parenting Advice From Uncle Sam
- Arlene Foster: Irish abortion vote has no impact on NI law
- Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- WH Smith voted UK's worst High Street shop in Which? survey
- World Cup 2018: Being black in Russia
- Mamoudou Gassama: Mali 'spiderman' wows France with Paris child rescue
- Biggest Weekend: Taylor Swift plays the hits then runs in Swansea
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages