After more than five years of planning, fundraising, designing and building, the new Kodiak Public Library is finally ready to go. The community-driven process has been long, but ultimately successful as the building officially opens its doors to the public next week. On this week’s Talk of the Rock, hear from members of the Kodiak Public Library Association, as well as the library’s new director, Katie Baxter. They talk about the history behind the project and what to expect from the new space, as well as the next chapter of library service in Kodiak.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mom Of Cross-Border Shooting Victim 'Still Waiting For Victory'
- CHART: CBO Weighs Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine By European Antitrust Monitor
- From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions
- Mixing Business And The Presidency, Trump To Hold Fundraiser At His Washington Hotel
- CBO sees peril in Senate bill for uncrowded regions
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chilkat weaver receives national folk art honor
- Man becomes first person to Race to Alaska on a stand-up paddle board
- Chitina dip netters can now catch salon in Copper River after spring ban
- Talkeetna’s inaugural Pride celebration draws a crowd
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages