The Alaska State Museum in Juneau is getting a lot of help from other Alaska museums ahead of its move to a new facility in 2016.
As the staff works to pack up the more than 32,000 artifacts in its collection, museum professionals from around the state – including Kodiak – are lending a hand, and learning what it takes to safely store and transport priceless historical objects.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Pit Bulls During Walk In Woods, Says Sheriff
- Astronaut Trio Heads For Space Station To Continue Scientific Research
- Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
- Secret Pentagon Program Spent Millions To Research UFOs
- Post-María, A Key Ecosystem In Puerto Rico Faces Slow Recovery
- UK embassy worker found dead in Lebanon
- Trump Putin call: CIA 'helped stop Russia terror attack'
- Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash
- Ban sale of mini mobile phones, justice secretary says
- Barack Obama prepares for his Today programme interview with Prince Harry
- Barry Sherman: Family disputes reports on mystery double death in Canada
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages