We’ve had a number of stories this year about how changes are coming to the G.E.D., or General Education Development, test in January. Adelia Myrick, the adult basic education coordinator at Kodiak College told KMXT the 2014 test will likely be longer, more challenging and more expensive.
“I’m all for improving the level of education but I do worry a little bit about closing some doors for some people. Philosophically I suppose I’m in favor of it, but on a real level I think it might be a little hard for some people. I’m just really encouraging people to get in and get it done now.”
In pursuit of that goal, Kodiak College is offering a chance on Saturday for anyone wanting to take the GED test to do so with no hassle. There will be no fees, no paperwork, no assessment and no appointment required. Simply go by the Kodiak College Campus Center room 208 anytime between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and take the GED.
If you do have questions, call the college at 486-1201.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Japanese Elections Strengthen Abe, Reward His Gamble
- Mainland Colleges Offer In-State Tuition To Students Affected By Hurricane Maria
- Blending Techno And Tradition: You Should Be Dancing ... With Sake
- Democrats Eye A Rare Opportunity In Alabama Senate Race
- The Russia Investigations: Interference Impacted Real Life; Senators Propose New Law
- Nuneaton: Police 'end' leisure park siege, boss says
- Nuneaton eyewitness: 'They barricaded the doors'
- Borrow more to boost building, says Sajid Javid
- WHO cancels Robert Mugabe goodwill ambassador role
- Spain Catalonia: Foreign minister denies 'coup' by Madrid
- Spain FM: 'Many police violence pictures fake'
- Night Music: October 21, 2017
- Investigation shows BP Alaska reckoning with multiple accidents and leaks
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
- State Attorney General says all 229 Alaska tribes are sovereign
- State appeals controversial ballot initiative decision to Supreme Court
- AK: Volunteers work to rebuild damaged landscapes on Flattop Mountain
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages