In the Service Area elections, Scott Arndt was elected to three year terms on both the Fire Protection Number 1 and Service Area Number 1 boards. Richard Carstens was elected to the same fire district, and Mike Sirofchuck was elected to the service area board. One seat remains vacant on Service Area Number 1.
The Womens Bay Service Area board saw Dave Heuman and John Isadore reelected. They will be joined by George Lee.
The Bayview and Monashka Bay Road service area boards had no declared candidates for the two seats available on each. There were eight write-in votes in the Bay View election and 20 in the Monashka Bay vote. The names of those written in were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- More States Turning To Toll Roads To Raise Cash For Infrastructure
- Roger Severino Discusses The HHS Division Of Conscience And Religious Freedom
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Amelia Blake: Family 'shocked' by backpacker death in Sydney
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages