In the Service Area elections, Scott Arndt was elected to three year terms on both the Fire Protection Number 1 and Service Area Number 1 boards. Richard Carstens was elected to the same fire district, and Mike Sirofchuck was elected to the service area board. One seat remains vacant on Service Area Number 1.
The Womens Bay Service Area board saw Dave Heuman and John Isadore reelected. They will be joined by George Lee.
The Bayview and Monashka Bay Road service area boards had no declared candidates for the two seats available on each. There were eight write-in votes in the Bay View election and 20 in the Monashka Bay vote. The names of those written in were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages