In the Service Area elections, Scott Arndt was elected to three year terms on both the Fire Protection Number 1 and Service Area Number 1 boards. Richard Carstens was elected to the same fire district, and Mike Sirofchuck was elected to the service area board. One seat remains vacant on Service Area Number 1.
The Womens Bay Service Area board saw Dave Heuman and John Isadore reelected. They will be joined by George Lee.
The Bayview and Monashka Bay Road service area boards had no declared candidates for the two seats available on each. There were eight write-in votes in the Bay View election and 20 in the Monashka Bay vote. The names of those written in were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
- New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK
- US moves one step closer to imposing fresh Russia sanctions
- Charlie Gard: Court hears hospice best option for baby
- Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green
- IS wives: Why I joined the 'caliphate' in Raqqa
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Suspect arrested in Thalwil
- Afognak Island elk study looks at balancing logging with game management
- Fairbanks approves putting tax increase in hands of voters
- UAA celebrates 10 years of bringing writers together during summer reading series
- Slow gas deal causing problems for Interior Energy Project
- Coast Guard works together with mariners on Kodiak rescue
- Reassigned climate official worries “nobody home” on village relocation
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages