In the Service Area elections, Scott Arndt was elected to three year terms on both the Fire Protection Number 1 and Service Area Number 1 boards. Richard Carstens was elected to the same fire district, and Mike Sirofchuck was elected to the service area board. One seat remains vacant on Service Area Number 1.
The Womens Bay Service Area board saw Dave Heuman and John Isadore reelected. They will be joined by George Lee.
The Bayview and Monashka Bay Road service area boards had no declared candidates for the two seats available on each. There were eight write-in votes in the Bay View election and 20 in the Monashka Bay vote. The names of those written in were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Administration Sends Mixed Signals On State Health Insurance Waivers
- Young Children Are Spending Much More Time In Front Of Small Screens
- Why Older People Didn't Fare Well In Northern California Wildfires
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Spain Moves To Strip Catalonia's Autonomy After Secession Showdown
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages