In the Service Area elections, Scott Arndt was elected to three year terms on both the Fire Protection Number 1 and Service Area Number 1 boards. Richard Carstens was elected to the same fire district, and Mike Sirofchuck was elected to the service area board. One seat remains vacant on Service Area Number 1.
The Womens Bay Service Area board saw Dave Heuman and John Isadore reelected. They will be joined by George Lee.
The Bayview and Monashka Bay Road service area boards had no declared candidates for the two seats available on each. There were eight write-in votes in the Bay View election and 20 in the Monashka Bay vote. The names of those written in were not immediately available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heathrow Airport: MPs gear up for crunch third runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- 'I'm a trade unionist, not a terrorist'
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages