In the Kodiak Island Borough School District Board of Education election, incumbent Katie Oliver retained her seat with 1,133 votes. Duncan Fields received 1,096 votes to take the other seat up for grabs.
That seat belonged to Jeff Stewart, who had been appointed to the school board earlier this year. He brought in 474 votes.
Both terms will be for three years.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Frank Deford, NPR's Longtime Philosopher Of Sports, Dies At 78
- On Day 3 Of Cancellation Chaos, British Airways Edges Closer To Recovery
- Baltimore Mayor Considers Removal Of Confederate Monuments
- Macron Opens A 'Demanding' Dialogue With Putin In France
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, May 26, 2017
- The state of our education system
- This weekend, Ryan Zinke makes inaugural Alaska visit as Interior Secretary
- Man shot by Fairbanks police after ramming into trooper, officer vehicles
- Fee to hike Kodiak’s Termination Point removed
- Two Interior residents missing after Yukon boating accident
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages