There are a handful of Kodiak locals that have made it into the reality TV spotlight in recent years, and now there’s an opportunity for even more to have their 15 minutes of fame.
Jason Watt is an executive producer for Al Roker Entertainment, the company that recently put out a casting call for a new documentary series that will highlight individuals with extreme relationships with the sea.
“These are people who might feel as or more comfortable on the water as they do on land. That they not only make their living from the ocean but it might be a way of life.”
Ideally, he said this could include fishermen, liveaboards or folks who have pursued the sea as a passion their whole life.
“We have a very open mind to what could fit into this category and we’re excited to hear from people who have a way of life, by design, unlike any other.”
Watt said the company’s time frame is fairly flexible, and they want the casting process to be an organic one. He said they are willing to wait for the right people with a compelling life story to share.
Al Roker Entertainment is the company behind the popular Coast Guard Alaska series, which airs on the Weather Channel.
“And so we’ve had a presence in Alaska for a long time and because of that we’ve just as a company become aware of just how rich stories are in Alaska.”
Here is a link to contact the company, if you or someone you know fits the description and are interested in auditioning for the show.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Japanese Elections Strengthen Abe, Reward His Gamble
- Mainland Colleges Offer In-State Tuition To Students Affected By Hurricane Maria
- Blending Techno And Tradition: You Should Be Dancing ... With Sake
- Democrats Eye A Rare Opportunity In Alabama Senate Race
- The Russia Investigations: Interference Impacted Real Life; Senators Propose New Law
- Nuneaton: Police 'end' leisure park siege, boss says
- Nuneaton: 'The guy ran up to the door with a gun' - witness
- Borrow more to boost building, says Sajid Javid
- WHO cancels Robert Mugabe goodwill ambassador role
- Spain Catalonia: Foreign minister denies 'coup' by Madrid
- Spain FM: 'Many police violence pictures fake'
- Night Music: October 21, 2017
- Investigation shows BP Alaska reckoning with multiple accidents and leaks
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
- State Attorney General says all 229 Alaska tribes are sovereign
- State appeals controversial ballot initiative decision to Supreme Court
- AK: Volunteers work to rebuild damaged landscapes on Flattop Mountain
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages