A 42-year-old Kodiak woman was arrested at the Anchorage airport Saturday by Alaska State Troopers after a long-term narcotics investigation indicated she may be smuggling drugs into Kodiak.
The Troopers report that a search warrant was obtained and Tamra M. Jones underwent a full-body scan at an Anchorage hospital, which revealed a balloon concealed inside her.
After its discovery in the scan, Jones voluntarily gave up the balloon, and it was found to contain 24.3 grams of heroin and 8.3 grams of methamphetamine.
Troopers estimate the value of the drugs at over $25,000. Jones was arrested and housed in the Anchorage jail on $25,000 bail. She was charged with two counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree, and a count each of second- and third-degree misconduct.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Walmart Offers Product To Destroy Leftover Opioids, But Critics Say It's Unnecessary
- U.K. Lawmakers Want To Battle Waste With A 'Latte Levy' On Disposable Cups
- Aetna Agrees To Pay $17 Million In HIV Privacy Breach
- U.K. Now Has A Minister For Loneliness
- A 'Fraught Time' For Press Freedom In The Philippines
- Bonuses for Carillion bosses are blocked
- 'Do not travel' warning as snow storm hits
- Koreas to march under single 'united' flag in Olympic Games
- YouTube singer Chrissy Chambers wins revenge porn case
- Residents asked to foot £2m bill to replace Grenfell-like cladding
- Dylan Farrow addresses Woody Allen sexual assault claim
- Traveling Music 1-21-18
- Board of Fisheries requires daily bag limits for subsistence shrimp harvest
- House leaders aim for compromise, early school budget this year
- Anchorage jail secretly, accidentally recorded attorney-client conversations
- Three finalists up for consideration to fill vacant Alaska Senate seat
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages