A 42-year-old Kodiak woman was arrested at the Anchorage airport Saturday by Alaska State Troopers after a long-term narcotics investigation indicated she may be smuggling drugs into Kodiak.
The Troopers report that a search warrant was obtained and Tamra M. Jones underwent a full-body scan at an Anchorage hospital, which revealed a balloon concealed inside her.
After its discovery in the scan, Jones voluntarily gave up the balloon, and it was found to contain 24.3 grams of heroin and 8.3 grams of methamphetamine.
Troopers estimate the value of the drugs at over $25,000. Jones was arrested and housed in the Anchorage jail on $25,000 bail. She was charged with two counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree, and a count each of second- and third-degree misconduct.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
- New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK
- US moves one step closer to imposing fresh Russia sanctions
- Charlie Gard: Court hears hospice best option for baby
- Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green
- IS wives: Why I joined the 'caliphate' in Raqqa
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Suspect arrested in Thalwil
- Afognak Island elk study looks at balancing logging with game management
- Fairbanks approves putting tax increase in hands of voters
- UAA celebrates 10 years of bringing writers together during summer reading series
- Slow gas deal causing problems for Interior Energy Project
- Coast Guard works together with mariners on Kodiak rescue
- Reassigned climate official worries “nobody home” on village relocation
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages