Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate, Dan Sullivan has changed his mind about coming to Kodiak to participate in the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce fisheries debate. That word from his campaign staff this morning.
Spokesman Mike Anderson said his candidate will attend and is looking forward to the debate, scheduled for October 1st. He said that Sullivan recognizes the importance of Alaska’s fisheries, and that the campaign has rescheduled a swing through Southwest Alaska to ensure that he could make the Kodiak debate.
Anderson said that Sullivan “looks forward to a healthy exchange of ideas with Mark Begich on the future of Alaska’s fisheries, and is excited to attend the debate in Kodiak.”
Since Tuesday when it was announced he was skipping the fisheries debate, Sullivan had come under almost continuous attack from his opponent, incumbent Democrat Senator Mark Begich, who described the Kodiak event as a tradition among Alaska statewide candidates.
Sullivan has been unavailable for comment this week. Today, Anderson said, he is in Marine Corps Reserve training and unavailable to speak to the change of heart.
The two-hour debate will feature candidates for the U.S. Senate in the first hour, and candidates for the U.S. House in the second. Incumbent Republican Representative Don Young and Democratic challenger Forrest Dunbar have both confirmed that they will attend. It will be broadcast on KMXT, and made available statewide through the Alaska Public Radio Network.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages