The two-time defending Northern Lights Conference champion Kodiak Bears volleyball team over the weekend showed they haven’t slowed down much after losing six starters through graduation from last year’s team.
With a whole new starting lineup, the Bears swept the Colony Knights in two matches 3-1. On Friday, Kodiak won 25-14, 17-25, 29-27 and 25-19. Saturday, they dropped the first game, but roared back to win 25-17, 27-25 and 25-22.
On the gridiron, the Kodiak football team didn’t fair as well against the Knights, falling 37-to-0 on Colony’s home turf.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Alabama Serial Bomber Walter Leroy Moody, 83, To Be Executed Thursday
- Veterans-Turned-Brewers Help Others Who Served Develop New Skills
- Skipping The 2020 Census Citizenship Question? You'll Still Be Counted
- Case Against Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens Can Proceed, Judge Rules
- Sanctions Targeting North Korea Ripple Into Russia
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Kodiak jig fishermen explore other markets during poor cod season
- HAARP readies for busiest research season in three years
- An Alaskan abroad wins international reporting Pulitzer
- Five Juneau residents ordered to pay fines, restitution for deer poaching
- New charges are filed in case of Petersburg teens hitting deer
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages