The two-time defending Northern Lights Conference champion Kodiak Bears volleyball team over the weekend showed they haven’t slowed down much after losing six starters through graduation from last year’s team.
With a whole new starting lineup, the Bears swept the Colony Knights in two matches 3-1. On Friday, Kodiak won 25-14, 17-25, 29-27 and 25-19. Saturday, they dropped the first game, but roared back to win 25-17, 27-25 and 25-22.
On the gridiron, the Kodiak football team didn’t fair as well against the Knights, falling 37-to-0 on Colony’s home turf.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages