The two-time defending Northern Lights Conference champion Kodiak Bears volleyball team over the weekend showed they haven’t slowed down much after losing six starters through graduation from last year’s team.
With a whole new starting lineup, the Bears swept the Colony Knights in two matches 3-1. On Friday, Kodiak won 25-14, 17-25, 29-27 and 25-19. Saturday, they dropped the first game, but roared back to win 25-17, 27-25 and 25-22.
On the gridiron, the Kodiak football team didn’t fair as well against the Knights, falling 37-to-0 on Colony’s home turf.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Republican's Altercation With Reporter Shakes Up Montana Race On Eve Of Voting
- Boom Time Again For U.S. Oil Industry, Thanks To OPEC
- Eating Chocolate, A Little Each Week, May Lower The Risk Of A Heart Flutter
- Trump Wants Families On Food Stamps To Get Jobs. The Majority Already Work
- NBA Says 2019 All-Star Game Will Be In N.C. After Partial 'Bathroom Bill' Repeal
- Manchester attack: Police hunt 'network' behind bomber
- Manchester attack: Who were the victims?
- Manchester attack: 'Fury' at US 'evidence' photos leak
- Trump in Brussels for 'tough' Nato talks amid protests
- Cost of Tories' free breakfasts 'could treble'
- Brazil protests: Ministerial building set on fire during clashes
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages