The two-time defending Northern Lights Conference champion Kodiak Bears volleyball team over the weekend showed they haven’t slowed down much after losing six starters through graduation from last year’s team.
With a whole new starting lineup, the Bears swept the Colony Knights in two matches 3-1. On Friday, Kodiak won 25-14, 17-25, 29-27 and 25-19. Saturday, they dropped the first game, but roared back to win 25-17, 27-25 and 25-22.
On the gridiron, the Kodiak football team didn’t fair as well against the Knights, falling 37-to-0 on Colony’s home turf.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Government Shuts Down As Congress Fails To Pass Funding Measure
- Senate Set To Vote On Government Funding Bill Before Midnight
- L.A. Coroner: Tom Petty's Death Was Due To An Accidental Overdose
- Federal Charge Brought In Assault On Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
- Justice Department To Retry Sen. Robert Menendez And Friend In Corruption Case
- US shutdown begins as Senate fails to pass new budget
- Macron says 'special' UK deal possible
- US musician Tom Petty died of 'accidental drug overdose'
- British tourists warned to 'stay in resorts' in Jamaica security emergency
- Will Gompertz reviews Sky Atlantic's drama Britannia ★★★☆☆
- Persian shallot 'could help fight TB antibiotic resistance'
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages