The Afognak Native Corporation opened its new headquarters on Near Island last week and hosted a community open house Friday evening. Guests were given ANC swag, gourmet food, and plenty of entertainment, all while soaking up the views from the new building, which looks out on both of Kodiak’s harbors and the channel.
KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs attended the open house and caught up with ANC’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Gerad Godfrey.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Still 'Pretty Damn Mad' Protesters Unite In Second Annual Women's March
- Paul Bocuse, 'Giant' Of French Cuisine, Dies At 91
- Animal Trafficking 'Kingpin' Arrested in Thailand
- With A Show Of Hands, Filipino-American Chefs Rekindle Kamayan Feasts
- Crime Is Down In American Cities, And 'Uneasy Peace' Explains Why
- Kabul: Gunmen attack Intercontinental Hotel
- US shutdown: Trump and Democrats blame each other
- Syria: Turkey war planes launch strikes on Afrin
- 'Ice Maiden' team celebrates ski record
- Profoundly deaf Maisie Sly is the star of a short film which may be nominated for an Oscar
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages