The Afognak Native Corporation opened its new headquarters on Near Island last week and hosted a community open house Friday evening. Guests were given ANC swag, gourmet food, and plenty of entertainment, all while soaking up the views from the new building, which looks out on both of Kodiak’s harbors and the channel.
KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs attended the open house and caught up with ANC’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Gerad Godfrey.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages