Brianna Gibbs/KMXT Last week all three major candidates for Alaska governor were in Kodiak for the fisheries debate, and they each dropped by KMXT for a chat.
The gubernatorial landscape changed over the long Labor Day weekend, with Democrat Byron Mallott joining independent Bill Walker on an “Alaska First Unity Party” ticket. And though there are now two candidates for Alaska governor, we will still bring you chats with all three.
Today, we’ll hear from Bill Walker, who spoke with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs.
Tomorrow we’ll hear from Byron Mallott, who also stopped by KMXT last week. At the time, he was the Democratic nominee for governor, but he is now a candidate for lieutenant governor on the same ticket with Walker. Friday, we’ll hear a conversation with incumbent Republican Sean Parnell about how his campaign is going.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- John McCain Set To Make A Dramatic Return Amid Political Storm
- Does Your Family's Century-Old Pyrex Still Rule The Kitchen?
- Does It Matter If Trump Jr., Manafort Are Under Oath When They Talk To Congress?
- What Are The Planet's Real 'Talking' Chimps And Gorillas Saying?
- Alabama Woman Stuck In NYC Traffic In 1902 Invented The Windshield Wiper
- Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
- Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
- Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl'
- Highest number of fatal police shootings for 12 years
- Marvyn Iheanacho jailed for killing boy over lost trainer
- Corsica fires threaten homes in Biguglia
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 24, 2017
- Marine debris won’t stop, but neither will those cleaning it up
- 2 Haines food entrepreneurs are finalists in Southeast business contest
- Behind the scenes of Wild Alaska Live
- Washington man pleads not guilty to murder, theft in Ketchikan doctor’s death
- ‘Mayor’ Stubbs the Cat passes away at 20
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages