Brianna Gibbs/KMXT Last week all three major candidates for Alaska governor were in Kodiak for the fisheries debate, and they each dropped by KMXT for a chat.
The gubernatorial landscape changed over the long Labor Day weekend, with Democrat Byron Mallott joining independent Bill Walker on an “Alaska First Unity Party” ticket. And though there are now two candidates for Alaska governor, we will still bring you chats with all three.
Today, we’ll hear from Bill Walker, who spoke with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs.
Tomorrow we’ll hear from Byron Mallott, who also stopped by KMXT last week. At the time, he was the Democratic nominee for governor, but he is now a candidate for lieutenant governor on the same ticket with Walker. Friday, we’ll hear a conversation with incumbent Republican Sean Parnell about how his campaign is going.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- More States Turning To Toll Roads To Raise Cash For Infrastructure
- Roger Severino Discusses The HHS Division Of Conscience And Religious Freedom
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Amelia Blake: Family 'shocked' by backpacker death in Sydney
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages