Brianna Gibbs/KMXT Last week all three major candidates for Alaska governor were in Kodiak for the fisheries debate, and they each dropped by KMXT for a chat.
The gubernatorial landscape changed over the long Labor Day weekend, with Democrat Byron Mallott joining independent Bill Walker on an “Alaska First Unity Party” ticket. And though there are now two candidates for Alaska governor, we will still bring you chats with all three.
Today, we’ll hear from Bill Walker, who spoke with KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs.
Tomorrow we’ll hear from Byron Mallott, who also stopped by KMXT last week. At the time, he was the Democratic nominee for governor, but he is now a candidate for lieutenant governor on the same ticket with Walker. Friday, we’ll hear a conversation with incumbent Republican Sean Parnell about how his campaign is going.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- California Wildfires Leave Seasonal Agricultural Workers In Limbo
- Holes In The Plot: Suspect Loses Bet With Cops, Turns Himself In — With Doughnuts
- Trump Says Administration's Response To Hurricane In Puerto Rico 'A 10'
- Meet Jacinda Ardern, 37, New Zealand's Next Prime Minister
- What's The Section 99 Tax Deduction?
- Red Salmon Cannery dinged for Clean Air Act violation
- King Cove and feds exploring options to build road without Congressional approval
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages