It looks as though Louise Stutes will be the Republican challenger to Democrat Jerry McCune during the House District 32 race this November. With 14 out of 14 precincts reporting just after midnight, Stutes held her lead with 801 votes. Walker trailed her with 510 votes Carol Austerman garnered 486. These results are unofficial and final numbers won’t be known until absentee and early voter ballots are counted.
Stutes took the lead early in the race and held it throughout the evening as ballots were counted and numbers rolled in. KMXT spoke with Stutes about Tuesday’s primary and the unofficial election results.
“Well you know I’m very happy and I feel very grateful to the people of House District 32 that have their confidence in me and I’m not going to let them down. I’m going to take their message to Juneau.”
Stutes said she’s looking forward to challenging McCune during the general election this fall.
“I think it will be a good race. You know I had the opportunity to meet Jerry when he was in Kodiak and he’s a great guy and he’s got a lot of great qualities and I think it will be a good race and I’m looking forward to it.”
KMXT will bring you more updates on absentee and early voting ballots as they come during regularly scheduled news broadcasts.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Border Wall Isn't The Only Reason Democrats Oppose Plan To End The Shutdown
- Planned Attack On Muslim Community In Upstate New York Disrupted, Police Say
- Rivera, Halladay, Martinez, Mussina Elected To Baseball's Hall Of Fame
- Killings Of Guatemala's Indigenous Activists Raise Specter Of Human Rights Crisis
- Angry With NFL After No-Call, Saints Fans Resort To Lawsuits, Billboards
- Brexit: Delaying Brexit worse than no deal, says Liam Fox
- Emiliano Sala: Missing Cardiff City FC player 'sent message from plane'
- Social media stars agree to declare when they post ads
- Met Office issues ice warning after snow hits UK
- NTAs 2019: Ant and Dec emotional after best presenter win
- Woman dies after being hit by police car in Walthamstow
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019
- Republican Talerico falls one vote short of becoming House speaker
- Students remain frustrated while UAA works to resolve education accreditation debacle
- Alaska’s population is down for the second year in a row — why?
- The road back to accreditation
- Pollock ‘A’ season starts amid federal shutdown
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages