It looks as though Louise Stutes will be the Republican challenger to Democrat Jerry McCune during the House District 32 race this November. With 14 out of 14 precincts reporting just after midnight, Stutes held her lead with 801 votes. Walker trailed her with 510 votes Carol Austerman garnered 486. These results are unofficial and final numbers won’t be known until absentee and early voter ballots are counted.
Stutes took the lead early in the race and held it throughout the evening as ballots were counted and numbers rolled in. KMXT spoke with Stutes about Tuesday’s primary and the unofficial election results.
“Well you know I’m very happy and I feel very grateful to the people of House District 32 that have their confidence in me and I’m not going to let them down. I’m going to take their message to Juneau.”
Stutes said she’s looking forward to challenging McCune during the general election this fall.
“I think it will be a good race. You know I had the opportunity to meet Jerry when he was in Kodiak and he’s a great guy and he’s got a lot of great qualities and I think it will be a good race and I’m looking forward to it.”
KMXT will bring you more updates on absentee and early voting ballots as they come during regularly scheduled news broadcasts.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- John McCain Set To Make A Dramatic Return Amid Political Storm
- Does Your Family's Century-Old Pyrex Still Rule The Kitchen?
- Does It Matter If Trump Jr., Manafort Are Under Oath When They Talk To Congress?
- What Are The Planet's Real 'Talking' Chimps And Gorillas Saying?
- Alabama Woman Stuck In NYC Traffic In 1902 Invented The Windshield Wiper
- Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
- Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
- Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl'
- Highest number of fatal police shootings for 12 years
- Marvyn Iheanacho jailed for killing boy over lost trainer
- Corsica fires threaten homes in Biguglia
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 24, 2017
- Marine debris won’t stop, but neither will those cleaning it up
- 2 Haines food entrepreneurs are finalists in Southeast business contest
- Behind the scenes of Wild Alaska Live
- Washington man pleads not guilty to murder, theft in Ketchikan doctor’s death
- ‘Mayor’ Stubbs the Cat passes away at 20
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages