It looks as though Louise Stutes will be the Republican challenger to Democrat Jerry McCune during the House District 32 race this November. With 14 out of 14 precincts reporting just after midnight, Stutes held her lead with 801 votes. Walker trailed her with 510 votes Carol Austerman garnered 486. These results are unofficial and final numbers won’t be known until absentee and early voter ballots are counted.
Stutes took the lead early in the race and held it throughout the evening as ballots were counted and numbers rolled in. KMXT spoke with Stutes about Tuesday’s primary and the unofficial election results.
“Well you know I’m very happy and I feel very grateful to the people of House District 32 that have their confidence in me and I’m not going to let them down. I’m going to take their message to Juneau.”
Stutes said she’s looking forward to challenging McCune during the general election this fall.
“I think it will be a good race. You know I had the opportunity to meet Jerry when he was in Kodiak and he’s a great guy and he’s got a lot of great qualities and I think it will be a good race and I’m looking forward to it.”
KMXT will bring you more updates on absentee and early voting ballots as they come during regularly scheduled news broadcasts.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- California Wildfires Leave Seasonal Agricultural Workers In Limbo
- Holes In The Plot: Suspect Loses Bet With Cops, Turns Himself In — With Doughnuts
- Trump Says Administration's Response To Hurricane In Puerto Rico 'A 10'
- Meet Jacinda Ardern, 37, New Zealand's Next Prime Minister
- What's The Section 99 Tax Deduction?
- Red Salmon Cannery dinged for Clean Air Act violation
- King Cove and feds exploring options to build road without Congressional approval
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages