With the deadline to file for borough office looms on Friday, the number of people tossing their hats into the rink is speeding up.
Former schools superintendent and state Commissioner of Education Larry LeDoux filed for the borough assembly on Thursday, and Brenda Schwantes did the same on Friday.
Incumbent Tuck Bonney joined Assemblyman Dave Kaplan in filing for re-election. The third incumbent whose term is nearing its end, Mel Stephens had not yet filed by 5 p.m. Friday.
There are two seats available on the school board, with so far one candidate: Jeffrey Stewart.
There remain 10 seats on road and fire service area boards, with no candidates yet filing.
The deadline for filing is this Friday and the municipal election is on October 7th.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages