The three Republican candidates for U.S. Senate squared off in a forum produced by KYUK Thursday morning. The forum used pre-recorded questions from several other public radio stations around the state, including one sent in by KMXT’s Jay Barrett: Here’s the short segment of the forum devoted to the fisheries question and the candidates’ answers with host Ben Matheson.
You can hear the entire hour-and-a-half debate between Treadwell, Miller and Sullivan online at KYUK.org.
The traditional fisheries debate during Kodiak’s ComFish this year was cancelled when not all the Republican senatorial candidates could fit it into their schedule. The new date for the forum is tentatively set October 1st, when there will only be one of them left in the race against incumbent Senator Mark Begich.
The gubernatorial candidates will face off on fisheries issues in three weeks, and KMXT will also broadcast it live.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Opioid Treatment Funds In Senate Bill Would Fall Far Short Of Needs
- The Poet Bao Phi, On Creating a 'Guidebook' For Young Asian-Americans
- 'Khichuri': An Ancient Indian Comfort Dish With A Global Influence
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Could Lead To His Prison Release
- Betsy DeVos' Latest Speech Draws Protests, Even Before She Speaks
- Video: Oil clues hidden in stone
- Audiogram: Alaska’s great recession
- Fishermen on Yukon lose economic opportunity when buyer becomes overloaded, cancels opening
- Alaska’s U.S. senators diverge on repeal, replace
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Stephen Wallace appointed as Bethel District Attorney
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages