The three Republican candidates for U.S. Senate squared off in a forum produced by KYUK Thursday morning. The forum used pre-recorded questions from several other public radio stations around the state, including one sent in by KMXT’s Jay Barrett: Here’s the short segment of the forum devoted to the fisheries question and the candidates’ answers with host Ben Matheson.
You can hear the entire hour-and-a-half debate between Treadwell, Miller and Sullivan online at KYUK.org.
The traditional fisheries debate during Kodiak’s ComFish this year was cancelled when not all the Republican senatorial candidates could fit it into their schedule. The new date for the forum is tentatively set October 1st, when there will only be one of them left in the race against incumbent Senator Mark Begich.
The gubernatorial candidates will face off on fisheries issues in three weeks, and KMXT will also broadcast it live.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- With Centrist Democrats' Success, Party's Identity Struggle Gets More Complicated
- Ohio Democrat Marcy Kaptur Makes History As Longest-Serving Woman In The House
- After Documenting Nazi Crimes, A French Priest Exposes ISIS Attacks On Yazidis
- Don't Call This Rebel On Wheels An 'Angel From Above'
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages