The three Republican candidates for U.S. Senate squared off in a forum produced by KYUK Thursday morning. The forum used pre-recorded questions from several other public radio stations around the state, including one sent in by KMXT’s Jay Barrett: Here’s the short segment of the forum devoted to the fisheries question and the candidates’ answers with host Ben Matheson.
You can hear the entire hour-and-a-half debate between Treadwell, Miller and Sullivan online at KYUK.org.
The traditional fisheries debate during Kodiak’s ComFish this year was cancelled when not all the Republican senatorial candidates could fit it into their schedule. The new date for the forum is tentatively set October 1st, when there will only be one of them left in the race against incumbent Senator Mark Begich.
The gubernatorial candidates will face off on fisheries issues in three weeks, and KMXT will also broadcast it live.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mexico City Earthquake Update: Desperate Attempts To Reach Girl Trapped By Rubble
- Trump Administration Plans New Sanctions On North Korea
- Top Stories: Tracking Hurricane Maria; The Reach Of Credit Bureaus
- Shellfish Surprise: Common 'Herbivore' Dinosaur Found To Snack On Crustaceans
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico Without Electricity, Hits Dominican Republic
- Brexit: Theresa May 'to offer 20bn euros transitional deal'
- Ryanair plans to make pilots change holidays
- Mexico earthquake: Race to save children under collapsed school
- Ian Brady: Moors Murderer 'would remove feeding tube'
- Hell in a bottle: I survived an acid attack
- Murdered Briton Emma Kelty 'shot and thrown in Amazon'
- Amid evolving Afghan mission, Alaska soldiers ready to deploy
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Sep. 20, 2017
- ‘Vote no’: Left takes to TV and sky to reach Murkowski
- Traveling Music 9-24-17
- Interior official says Trump administration has the ‘guts’ to allow oil exploration in ANWR
- Ask a Climatologist: The fall color formula is pretty simple
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages