Coming up this week, a judge says the Kenai River sportsfishing industry can go ahead with its attempt to end commercial setnet fishing in parts of Alaska. It’s a banner summer for Southeast crabbers, but are the days numbered for Alaska’s crustaceans? All that, and sometimes fishy news happens after we go to press, coming up on the Alaska Fisheries Report. We had help from KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham, KFSK’s Joe Viechnicki in Petersburg, APRN’s Steve Heimel in Anchorage and KDLL’s Shaylon Cochran in Kenai.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages