Coming up this week, Kusko fishermen get another salmon opening; herring is kinda slow in the Aleutians, and the Canadians are the latest to airlift salmon. All that, and a blast from the Alaska Fisheries Report past. We had help from KYUK’s Daysha Eaton in Bethel, KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KTOO’s Lisa Phu in Juneau, KFSK’s Joe Viechnicki in Petersburg and KMXT student intern Yasent Oliver in Kodiak.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- California Wildfires Leave Seasonal Agricultural Workers In Limbo
- Holes In The Plot: Suspect Loses Bet With Cops, Turns Himself In — With Doughnuts
- Trump Says Administration's Response To Hurricane In Puerto Rico 'A 10'
- Meet Jacinda Ardern, 37, New Zealand's Next Prime Minister
- What's The Section 99 Tax Deduction?
- Red Salmon Cannery dinged for Clean Air Act violation
- King Cove and feds exploring options to build road without Congressional approval
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages