At last night’s Kodiak Island Borough School District Board of Education meeting, a contract was approved for a new principal for North Star Elementary School. The board unanimously approved a contract with Patricia Wilson of Virginia for just over $100,000 for the next year.
The district’s Marilyn Davidson explained part of the process used to select Wilson for the position.
“The North Star staff selected three people to be a part of this panel. And then the other three elementary principals joined me for the panel. When we interview we use the same set of questions for all interviews. So if it was the first interviews we did or the last interview we did, we used the same set of questions for every candidate.”
She said a great number of applications were received for the position, and four or five were selected for interviews with the panel.
“They were looking for experience with young children. They were looking for experience with elementary curriculum and instruction. They were looking for experience and background with special education. They were looking for experience with diverse populations, and Patricia Wilson was the candidate who came to us with all those qualifications.”
Earlier in the meeting, Jeff Stewart was appointed as a temporary school board member, replacing Todd Hailey, who has left town. Stewart will serve until the October municipal elections when the seat will be up for grabs for a three-year term.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages