Residents on the east end of town could experience water issues this afternoon and evening as Kodiak public works will be flushing water mains around the 3400 block of Rezanof Drive East, starting at 1 p.m. At the same time, the Kodiak Fire Department will be testing fire hydrants in the same area.
Water system flushing clears out the lines from any fine particulates that can build up in the pipes, which could result in discolored tap water.
Public Works reminds users that the water is still treated and disinfected, despite being discolored, and meets all drinking water standards.
To clear out your water pipes, the city recommends turn on the cold water in a tub or shower until it runs clear, and they suggest not washing clothes during this time, either.
Areas that could be affected include Woody Way, Sitkinak Drive and Woodland Acres.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Once A Contender, Angela Merkel's Main Rival Stumbles As Election Approaches
- Days After Police Shooting, 3 Arrested Amid Violence At Georgia Tech Vigil
- Fraternity Members' Defamation Case Against 'Rolling Stone' Can Proceed, Court Says
- Some Russians Fired Up Over New Kalashnikov Monument
- PHOTOS: Keys Residents Face Devastated Homes, No Power And A Slow Recovery
- Succeeding after prison
- Critical drugs in short supply for AFD and hospitals
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, Sept. 18, 2017
- PFD announcement fanfare is gone as dividends are cut in half
- Watchdog group scrutinizes rough-weather training for new tanker escorts in Prince William Sound
- Seismic work in ANWR: Can they do that?
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages