Residents on the east end of town could experience water issues this afternoon and evening as Kodiak public works will be flushing water mains around the 3400 block of Rezanof Drive East, starting at 1 p.m. At the same time, the Kodiak Fire Department will be testing fire hydrants in the same area.
Water system flushing clears out the lines from any fine particulates that can build up in the pipes, which could result in discolored tap water.
Public Works reminds users that the water is still treated and disinfected, despite being discolored, and meets all drinking water standards.
To clear out your water pipes, the city recommends turn on the cold water in a tub or shower until it runs clear, and they suggest not washing clothes during this time, either.
Areas that could be affected include Woody Way, Sitkinak Drive and Woodland Acres.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages