Residents on the east end of town could experience water issues this afternoon and evening as Kodiak public works will be flushing water mains around the 3400 block of Rezanof Drive East, starting at 1 p.m. At the same time, the Kodiak Fire Department will be testing fire hydrants in the same area.
Water system flushing clears out the lines from any fine particulates that can build up in the pipes, which could result in discolored tap water.
Public Works reminds users that the water is still treated and disinfected, despite being discolored, and meets all drinking water standards.
To clear out your water pipes, the city recommends turn on the cold water in a tub or shower until it runs clear, and they suggest not washing clothes during this time, either.
Areas that could be affected include Woody Way, Sitkinak Drive and Woodland Acres.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump To Outline His Blueprint For Military And Foreign Policy
- As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country
- Week Ahead: Trump Might Get His Tax Bill, But That Might Be It Until After 2018
- On A Bad Date? These Apps Could Help You Stay Safe
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness Tied To Faulty Brain Rhythms In Sleep
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages