Kodiak runner Trevor Dunbar just completed his first professional running tour of Europe with largely positive results. In his first two races he set personal bests, but finished with a disappointing performance in his third race, despite winning it.
Dunbar ran his second sub-four-minute mile in Dublin, finishing in 3-minutes 57-seconds. He then completed the 3,000-meters in Cork in 7-minutes 45-seconds.
On Saturday in Belgium, Dunbar won the B-, or second-tier 5,000 meter race in 13-minutes 39-seconds, which is 13-seconds slower than his P-R he set last month at the NCAA track and field championships. By comparison, the winner of the A-tier race won in 13-minutes 6-seconds.
Now a pro, Dunbar recently inked a deal to be represented by Flynn Sports Management, which negotiated a sponsorship deal with Nike. Dunbar will remain in Eugene, Oregon, to train with the university’s distance coach.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rohingya Crisis Is Making Some In Myanmar Rethink Their Views Of Aung San Suu Kyi
- Researchers Find Herpes Viruses In Brains Marked By Alzheimer's Disease
- Some DNA Dismissed As 'Junk' Is Crucial To Embryo Development
- With Billions At Stake, Supreme Court Rules States May Tax Online Retailers
- Sara Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister's Wife, Is Charged With Fraud
- Brexit: Three 'simple' questions for EU citizens to stay in UK
- Confusion reigns over fate of detained migrant children
- Sophie Gradon, former Love Island contestant, dies
- Addenbrooke's 'silly' cancer nurse Debbie Bye found after appeal
- Naz Shah's wheelchair vote prompts calls for Commons reform
- Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Alaska delegation mulls Trump order keeping children detained with parents
- Amid criticism of homeless camps, Anchorage officials weigh aggressive policy change
- Guiding peers on the path to recovery from addiction
- State: Permafrost melt from Arctic broadband projects violated permits
- Two coal-seam fires merge to form rapidly-growing wildfire near Healy
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages