Coming up this week, it looks like king salmon on the Yukon have returned in slightly better numbers than expected, a form of whale repellant is being tested by fishermen in Southeast, and Ketchikan doubles-down on shellfish production. We had help from KNOM’s Matthew Smith in Nome, KCAW’s Elizabeth Jenkins in Sitka, KRBD’s Leila Kheiry in Ketchikan, and KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs in Kodiak.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- A U.S. Delegation Is In Talks With North Korea, According To The State Department
- Bikers From Across America Ride To Remember Soldiers 'Unaccounted For'
- USS Arizona Memorial At Pearl Harbor Closes Indefinitely Due To Structural Concerns
- Subtropical Storm Alberto 'Is Gaining Some Tropical Characteristics'
- Parenting Advice From Uncle Sam
- Arlene Foster: Irish abortion vote has no impact on NI law
- Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- WH Smith voted UK's worst High Street shop in Which? survey
- World Cup 2018: Being black in Russia
- Mamoudou Gassama: Mali 'spiderman' wows France with Paris child rescue
- Biggest Weekend: Taylor Swift plays the hits then runs in Swansea
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages