The Kodiak Island Borough School Board is seeking a new member. Todd Hailey, the board’s treasurer, has resigned and moved out of town.
The board is taking applications from interested borough citizens until next Monday, and plan interviews and an appointment in two weeks, on July 21st. Interested applicants can submit a letter of interest to the school district’s central office.
The new appointed member will serve until the October municipal elections, when the seat will come open for a three-year term.
Hailey was himself appointed to the board because of a vacancy, and his term would’ve expired this October.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages