This year marked the 50th anniversary of the Good Friday Earthquake and Tsunami, which wiped out the entire village of Kaguyak, and forced many of its residents to relocate. The story of Kaguyak, and its people, is the topic of a documentary film being put together by independent producer Paul Gray. Gray is in Kodiak this summer filming, researching and interviewing people for the film, which he expects to be completed some time next spring.
For more than 15 years Gray has produced the show Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which broadcasts statewide on ABC. Gray stopped by KMXT last week and spoke with Brianna Gibbs about his current film.
Gray said he is still looking for interview subjects, photos and information related to Kaguyak, and anyone who might want to contribute to the film can call KMXT to get in touch with him.
The film will likely air on Gray’s weekly show, Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which is broadcast statewide on ABC.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- More States Turning To Toll Roads To Raise Cash For Infrastructure
- Roger Severino Discusses The HHS Division Of Conscience And Religious Freedom
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Amelia Blake: Family 'shocked' by backpacker death in Sydney
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages