This year marked the 50th anniversary of the Good Friday Earthquake and Tsunami, which wiped out the entire village of Kaguyak, and forced many of its residents to relocate. The story of Kaguyak, and its people, is the topic of a documentary film being put together by independent producer Paul Gray. Gray is in Kodiak this summer filming, researching and interviewing people for the film, which he expects to be completed some time next spring.
For more than 15 years Gray has produced the show Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which broadcasts statewide on ABC. Gray stopped by KMXT last week and spoke with Brianna Gibbs about his current film.
Gray said he is still looking for interview subjects, photos and information related to Kaguyak, and anyone who might want to contribute to the film can call KMXT to get in touch with him.
The film will likely air on Gray’s weekly show, Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which is broadcast statewide on ABC.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Those Affected By Trump's Travel Ban Hope For End To 'Chaos' After Supreme Court Case
- U.K. Officials Apologize After Lives Of Caribbean Immigrants Thrown Into Disarray
- Space-Hopping 'Avengers: Infinity War' Raises The Stakes To Infinity — And Beyond
- Suspect Is At Large After Shooting 3, Including 2 Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
- Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
- Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
- Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
- Kim Wall death - what we know so far
- Building material fire tests 'fail to properly assess risk'
- Offshore lease schedule for Beaufort draws flak
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- As Mat-Su mulls budget, school funding off the table
- Strong winds batter Anchorage
- Marijuana-regulating ordinance advocates flood Fairbanks city council hearing to urge passage
- Virgin America merger with Alaska Air reaches logistical crescendo this week
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages