This year marked the 50th anniversary of the Good Friday Earthquake and Tsunami, which wiped out the entire village of Kaguyak, and forced many of its residents to relocate. The story of Kaguyak, and its people, is the topic of a documentary film being put together by independent producer Paul Gray. Gray is in Kodiak this summer filming, researching and interviewing people for the film, which he expects to be completed some time next spring.
For more than 15 years Gray has produced the show Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which broadcasts statewide on ABC. Gray stopped by KMXT last week and spoke with Brianna Gibbs about his current film.
Gray said he is still looking for interview subjects, photos and information related to Kaguyak, and anyone who might want to contribute to the film can call KMXT to get in touch with him.
The film will likely air on Gray’s weekly show, Exploring Alaska Native Voices, which is broadcast statewide on ABC.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
- New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK
- US moves one step closer to imposing fresh Russia sanctions
- Charlie Gard: Court hears hospice best option for baby
- Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green
- IS wives: Why I joined the 'caliphate' in Raqqa
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Suspect arrested in Thalwil
- Afognak Island elk study looks at balancing logging with game management
- Fairbanks approves putting tax increase in hands of voters
- UAA celebrates 10 years of bringing writers together during summer reading series
- Slow gas deal causing problems for Interior Energy Project
- Coast Guard works together with mariners on Kodiak rescue
- Reassigned climate official worries “nobody home” on village relocation
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages