Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software
- U.N. Human Rights Chief: Aung San Suu Kyi Could Be Culpable For Genocide
- Cities With Uber Have Lower Rates Of Ambulance Usage
- Could A Zap To The Brain Derail Destructive Impulses?
- 'Panic And Confusion' As Pakistan Orders Foreign Aid Groups To Shut Down
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Deaths as carriages fall on US motorway
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Aerial footage of the scene
- RAF Mildenhall: Shots fired in security alert at US Suffolk airbase
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Liverpool jail: The worst conditions ever seen, says report
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected ANC leader
- Pebble names First Quantum Minerals as new partner
- Algo Nuevo December 17, 2017
- For third straight year, Gov. Walker proposes budget drawing from Permanent Fund earnings
- ACLU sounds alarm on non-criminal immigrant detentions in Anchorage
- Alaska marijuana regulators issue first-ever license revocation after slew of violations
- Conoco hopes to crack open off-limits North Slope land
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages