Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages