Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mexico City Earthquake Update: Desperate Attempts To Reach Girl Trapped By Rubble
- Trump Administration Plans New Sanctions On North Korea
- Top Stories: Tracking Hurricane Maria; The Reach Of Credit Bureaus
- Shellfish Surprise: Common 'Herbivore' Dinosaur Found To Snack On Crustaceans
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico Without Electricity, Hits Dominican Republic
- Brexit: Theresa May 'to offer 20bn euros transitional deal'
- Ryanair plans to make pilots change holidays
- Mexico earthquake: Race to save children under collapsed school
- Ian Brady: Moors Murderer 'would remove feeding tube'
- Hell in a bottle: I survived an acid attack
- Murdered Briton Emma Kelty 'shot and thrown in Amazon'
- Amid evolving Afghan mission, Alaska soldiers ready to deploy
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Sep. 20, 2017
- ‘Vote no’: Left takes to TV and sky to reach Murkowski
- Traveling Music 9-24-17
- Interior official says Trump administration has the ‘guts’ to allow oil exploration in ANWR
- Ask a Climatologist: The fall color formula is pretty simple
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages