Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pentagon Will Build 2 More Temporary Camps To House Migrants, Mattis Says
- Casualty Of Trade Tensions: Harley-Davidson Shifting More Production Overseas
- Red Meat Allergies Caused By Tick Bites Are On The Rise
- Pregnant Women: Avoid Soft Cheeses, But Do Get These Shots
- House Republicans Face Another Week Of Fighting Over Immigration
- Heathrow Airport: Boris Johnson defends missing runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan win ushers in new presidential era
- Jamaica deaths: Manchester couple 'dreamed' of move
- Roseanne Barr regrets becoming 'hate magnet'
- Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- Terminally ill woman makes memory boxes for her children
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages