Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- China Acknowledges Sale Of Advanced Missile Technology To Pakistan
- John Bolton's Curious Appearance In A Russian Gun Rights Video
- On Defense Over Russia, Trump Could Get Another Boost From House Intel Panel
- Unlike Much Of The Rest Of Washington, The Supreme Court Is No Snowflake
- Invisibilia: We All Think We Know The People We Love. We're All Deluded
- Theresa May to warn EU leaders of Russian threat to democracy
- Facebook's Zuckerberg 'sorry' over Cambridge Analytica 'breach'
- Westminster attack: Tobias Ellwood recalls 'eerie' silence
- UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit'
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Austin bomber: Deceased suspect named in Texas blasts
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- After avalanche, crews clear road to Hatcher Pass
- Achieving wellness through Medicaid expansion
- Perryville man arrested, charged with murdering his grandfather
- In thwarted home invasion, Alakanuk shooter stopped by daughter’s boyfriend
- Response to oil spill in the Shuyak Strait continues
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages