Today on Talk of the Rock, we’ll talk with a former Kodiak doctor who recently dabbled in the art of book writing while documenting his own family history in Alaska.
Dr. Bob Johnson’s new book, “Alaska Frontier Surgeon,” captures the life story of his father, the late Dr. Arthur Holmes Johnson, who was the first physician to call Kodiak home. Johnson said his dad first stopped in Kodiak in the late 1930s, on his way back to Oregon after working as a doctor in Nak Nek for the summer. He said his dad fell in love with the island and its small community. It’s the “Alaska Frontier Surgeon” with Dr. Bob Johnson on KMXT’s Talk of the Rock.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- OJ Simpson to be freed from Nevada prison
- Chester Bennington: Linkin Park vocalist 'took his own life'
- Brexit: UK and EU at odds over 'exit bill'
- Largest crime rise in England and Wales for 10 years
- Xanda, son of Cecil the lion, 'killed by hunter' in Zimbabwe
- Andrea Leadsom slips up and calls Jane Austen 'living author'
- State, municipalities face higher borrowing costs from falling credit ratings
- Video: Oil clues hidden in stone
- Audiogram: Alaska’s great recession
- Fishermen on Yukon lose economic opportunity when buyer becomes overloaded, cancels opening
- Alaska’s U.S. senators diverge on repeal, replace
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages