There are six new folks on the executive committee of the United Fishermen of Alaska board of directors. And, re-elected as president was Jerry McCune of Cordova. When reached on the Copper River fishing grounds, he said he was looking forward to working with the new committee
“The board is well-rounded,” he said, “so I’m looking forward to working with that in the future.”
UFA Executive Director Julianne Curry said there are both young, recent additions to the UFA and some seasoned veterans on the executive committee:
The new executive committee members include Chip Treinen of the Southeast Herring Conservation Alliance as Vice President, Chad See of the Freezer Longline Coalition as Secretary-Treasurer, Ian Pitzman of the United Cook Inlet Drift Association as the at-large executive committee member, Bob Kehoe of the Purse Seine Vessel Owners Association as co-Administration chair, Dale Kelley of the Alaska Trollers Association as Fish Farm & Environmental committee chair, and Steve Reifenstuhl of the Northern Southeast Regional Aquaculture Association, who will serve as the new Subsistence chair.
The executive committee also includes Duncan Fields of Kodiak, Gary Fandrei of the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association, salmon and herring fisherman Bruce Schactler of Kodiak, Stephanie Madsen of the At-Sea Processors Association and Mark Gleason of the Alaska Bering Sea Crabbers.
Curry said in addition to elections, the UFA board has a number of familiar items on their radar such as Alaska Board of Fisheries appointments, Magnuson-Stevens Act reauthorization and a whole slew of state and federal elections.
The UFA board held a lengthy meeting Monday morning and discussed potential endorsements for candidates in this fall’s elections.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages