New playground equipment is coming to the Panamaroff Park in Bells Flats. During Thursday’s Borough Assembly meeting the assembly voted unanimously to purchase more than $58,000 worth of new playground equipment. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the contract the assembly voted on was for purchase of the equipment only.
“We’ll go out to bid for installation of that equipment.”
The equipment comes from Playcraft Direct, and includes swings, monkeybars, climbing ropes and walls, among other amenities. Panamaroff Park is the only park on the South Russian Creek side of Bells Flats. The area has been without playground equipment for almost a year, after the dilapidated, decades-old former equipment was removed by the borough.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- John McCain Set To Make A Dramatic Return Amid Political Storm
- Does Your Family's Century-Old Pyrex Still Rule The Kitchen?
- Does It Matter If Trump Jr., Manafort Are Under Oath When They Talk To Congress?
- What Are The Planet's Real 'Talking' Chimps And Gorillas Saying?
- Alabama Woman Stuck In NYC Traffic In 1902 Invented The Windshield Wiper
- Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
- Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
- Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl'
- Highest number of fatal police shootings for 12 years
- Marvyn Iheanacho jailed for killing boy over lost trainer
- Corsica fires threaten homes in Biguglia
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 24, 2017
- Marine debris won’t stop, but neither will those cleaning it up
- 2 Haines food entrepreneurs are finalists in Southeast business contest
- Behind the scenes of Wild Alaska Live
- Washington man pleads not guilty to murder, theft in Ketchikan doctor’s death
- ‘Mayor’ Stubbs the Cat passes away at 20
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages