New playground equipment is coming to the Panamaroff Park in Bells Flats. During Thursday’s Borough Assembly meeting the assembly voted unanimously to purchase more than $58,000 worth of new playground equipment. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the contract the assembly voted on was for purchase of the equipment only.
“We’ll go out to bid for installation of that equipment.”
The equipment comes from Playcraft Direct, and includes swings, monkeybars, climbing ropes and walls, among other amenities. Panamaroff Park is the only park on the South Russian Creek side of Bells Flats. The area has been without playground equipment for almost a year, after the dilapidated, decades-old former equipment was removed by the borough.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Still 'Pretty Damn Mad' Protesters Unite In Second Annual Women's March
- Paul Bocuse, 'Giant' Of French Cuisine, Dies At 91
- Animal Trafficking 'Kingpin' Arrested in Thailand
- With A Show Of Hands, Filipino-American Chefs Rekindle Kamayan Feasts
- Crime Is Down In American Cities, And 'Uneasy Peace' Explains Why
- Kabul: Gunmen attack Intercontinental Hotel
- US shutdown: Trump and Democrats blame each other
- Syria: Turkey war planes launch strikes on Afrin
- 'Ice Maiden' team celebrates ski record
- Profoundly deaf Maisie Sly is the star of a short film which may be nominated for an Oscar
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages