Last weekend Kodiak’s Special Olympics athletes put Kodiak on the competitive map when they brought home a combined 12 gold medals. Five athletes made up Kodiak’s powerlifting team, and three of them brought home gold medals in bench press, squat, dead lift and combination. Those athletes were Amy Canavan, Brittany Tregarthen and Chris Kavanaugh. KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs recently caught up with Kavanaugh, and asked him about the competition in Anchorage. Two other teammates picked up an additional 7 medals. Ben Stalhut earned a silver medal in dead lift, bronze in the squat and combination. Aharon Dolph brought back a bronze in bench, squat, dead lift and combination. All total Kodiak’s team came home with 19 medals.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Once A Contender, Angela Merkel's Main Rival Stumbles As Election Approaches
- Days After Police Shooting, 3 Arrested Amid Violence At Georgia Tech Vigil
- Fraternity Members' Defamation Case Against 'Rolling Stone' Can Proceed, Court Says
- Some Russians Fired Up Over New Kalashnikov Monument
- PHOTOS: Keys Residents Face Devastated Homes, No Power And A Slow Recovery
- Succeeding after prison
- Critical drugs in short supply for AFD and hospitals
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, Sept. 18, 2017
- PFD announcement fanfare is gone as dividends are cut in half
- Watchdog group scrutinizes rough-weather training for new tanker escorts in Prince William Sound
- Seismic work in ANWR: Can they do that?
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages