Last weekend Kodiak’s Special Olympics athletes put Kodiak on the competitive map when they brought home a combined 12 gold medals. Five athletes made up Kodiak’s powerlifting team, and three of them brought home gold medals in bench press, squat, dead lift and combination. Those athletes were Amy Canavan, Brittany Tregarthen and Chris Kavanaugh. KMXT’s Brianna Gibbs recently caught up with Kavanaugh, and asked him about the competition in Anchorage. Two other teammates picked up an additional 7 medals. Ben Stalhut earned a silver medal in dead lift, bronze in the squat and combination. Aharon Dolph brought back a bronze in bench, squat, dead lift and combination. All total Kodiak’s team came home with 19 medals.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages