Both of Kodiak’s governing bodies will meet tonight. The Kodiak City Council will hold a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers and hopes to pass the FY 2015 budget. Other items on the city’s agenda for tonight are a series of resolutions that allow the city to accept grants from the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation for the Aleutian Homes water and sewer replacement project, in addition to issuing a permit to the American Legion Post 17 to use public property for Fourth of July celebrations.
The Borough Assembly will meet at the same time tonight, below the city, in the borough conference room. The assembly’s work session includes a discussion of Kodiak High School furniture, fixtures and equipment, as well as facts and figures related to the impending garbage rates increase. The assembly will also talk about a possible Marine Highway Transportation Advisory Board reception here in Kodiak.
Both meetings are open to the public and the council’s regular meeting will be broadcast here on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Walmart Offers Product To Destroy Leftover Opioids, But Critics Say It's Unnecessary
- U.K. Lawmakers Want To Battle Waste With A 'Latte Levy' On Disposable Cups
- Aetna Agrees To Pay $17 Million In HIV Privacy Breach
- U.K. Now Has A Minister For Loneliness
- A 'Fraught Time' For Press Freedom In The Philippines
- Bonuses for Carillion bosses are blocked
- 'Do not travel' warning as snow storm hits
- Koreas to march under single 'united' flag in Olympic Games
- YouTube singer Chrissy Chambers wins revenge porn case
- Residents asked to foot £2m bill to replace Grenfell-like cladding
- Dylan Farrow addresses Woody Allen sexual assault claim
- Traveling Music 1-21-18
- Board of Fisheries requires daily bag limits for subsistence shrimp harvest
- House leaders aim for compromise, early school budget this year
- Anchorage jail secretly, accidentally recorded attorney-client conversations
- Three finalists up for consideration to fill vacant Alaska Senate seat
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages