Both of Kodiak’s governing bodies will meet tonight. The Kodiak City Council will hold a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers and hopes to pass the FY 2015 budget. Other items on the city’s agenda for tonight are a series of resolutions that allow the city to accept grants from the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation for the Aleutian Homes water and sewer replacement project, in addition to issuing a permit to the American Legion Post 17 to use public property for Fourth of July celebrations.
The Borough Assembly will meet at the same time tonight, below the city, in the borough conference room. The assembly’s work session includes a discussion of Kodiak High School furniture, fixtures and equipment, as well as facts and figures related to the impending garbage rates increase. The assembly will also talk about a possible Marine Highway Transportation Advisory Board reception here in Kodiak.
Both meetings are open to the public and the council’s regular meeting will be broadcast here on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Those Affected By Trump's Travel Ban Hope For End To 'Chaos' After Supreme Court Case
- U.K. Officials Apologize After Lives Of Caribbean Immigrants Thrown Into Disarray
- Space-Hopping 'Avengers: Infinity War' Raises The Stakes To Infinity — And Beyond
- Suspect Is At Large After Shooting 3, Including 2 Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
- Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
- Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
- Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
- Kim Wall death - what we know so far
- WhatsApp to raise minimum age limit to 16 in EU
- Offshore lease schedule for Beaufort draws flak
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- As Mat-Su mulls budget, school funding off the table
- Strong winds batter Anchorage
- Marijuana-regulating ordinance advocates flood Fairbanks city council hearing to urge passage
- Virgin America merger with Alaska Air reaches logistical crescendo this week
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages