Monday was the filing deadline for this year’s state elections and it looks like it will be a fairly competitive primary race. Three Kodiak residents filed to run for the House District 32 seat. Kodiak City Councilman Rich Walker will face former Assemblywoman Louise Stutes and Assemblywoman Carol Austerman, daughter of current Representative Alan Austerman.
The primary will be held on August 19 and the winner of those three will go on to face Cordova fisherman Jerry McCune in the November 4 general election.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Frank Deford, NPR's Longtime Philosopher Of Sports, Dies At 78
- On Day 3 Of Cancellation Chaos, British Airways Edges Closer To Recovery
- Baltimore Mayor Considers Removal Of Confederate Monuments
- Macron Opens A 'Demanding' Dialogue With Putin In France
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, May 26, 2017
- The state of our education system
- This weekend, Ryan Zinke makes inaugural Alaska visit as Interior Secretary
- Man shot by Fairbanks police after ramming into trooper, officer vehicles
- Fee to hike Kodiak’s Termination Point removed
- Two Interior residents missing after Yukon boating accident
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages