Monday was the filing deadline for this year’s state elections and it looks like it will be a fairly competitive primary race. Three Kodiak residents filed to run for the House District 32 seat. Kodiak City Councilman Rich Walker will face former Assemblywoman Louise Stutes and Assemblywoman Carol Austerman, daughter of current Representative Alan Austerman.
The primary will be held on August 19 and the winner of those three will go on to face Cordova fisherman Jerry McCune in the November 4 general election.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages