Monday was the filing deadline for this year’s state elections and it looks like it will be a fairly competitive primary race. Three Kodiak residents filed to run for the House District 32 seat. Kodiak City Councilman Rich Walker will face former Assemblywoman Louise Stutes and Assemblywoman Carol Austerman, daughter of current Representative Alan Austerman.
The primary will be held on August 19 and the winner of those three will go on to face Cordova fisherman Jerry McCune in the November 4 general election.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
- New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK
- US moves one step closer to imposing fresh Russia sanctions
- Charlie Gard: Court hears hospice best option for baby
- Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green
- IS wives: Why I joined the 'caliphate' in Raqqa
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Suspect arrested in Thalwil
- Afognak Island elk study looks at balancing logging with game management
- Fairbanks approves putting tax increase in hands of voters
- UAA celebrates 10 years of bringing writers together during summer reading series
- Slow gas deal causing problems for Interior Energy Project
- Coast Guard works together with mariners on Kodiak rescue
- Reassigned climate official worries “nobody home” on village relocation
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages