Monday was the filing deadline for this year’s state elections and it looks like it will be a fairly competitive primary race. Three Kodiak residents filed to run for the House District 32 seat. Kodiak City Councilman Rich Walker will face former Assemblywoman Louise Stutes and Assemblywoman Carol Austerman, daughter of current Representative Alan Austerman.
The primary will be held on August 19 and the winner of those three will go on to face Cordova fisherman Jerry McCune in the November 4 general election.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Those Affected By Trump's Travel Ban Hope For End To 'Chaos' After Supreme Court Case
- U.K. Officials Apologize After Lives Of Caribbean Immigrants Thrown Into Disarray
- Space-Hopping 'Avengers: Infinity War' Raises The Stakes To Infinity — And Beyond
- Suspect Is At Large After Shooting 3, Including 2 Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
- Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
- Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
- Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
- Kim Wall death - what we know so far
- Building material fire tests 'fail to properly assess risk'
- Offshore lease schedule for Beaufort draws flak
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- As Mat-Su mulls budget, school funding off the table
- Strong winds batter Anchorage
- Marijuana-regulating ordinance advocates flood Fairbanks city council hearing to urge passage
- Virgin America merger with Alaska Air reaches logistical crescendo this week
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages