Monday was the filing deadline for this year’s state elections and it looks like it will be a fairly competitive primary race. Three Kodiak residents filed to run for the House District 32 seat. Kodiak City Councilman Rich Walker will face former Assemblywoman Louise Stutes and Assemblywoman Carol Austerman, daughter of current Representative Alan Austerman.
The primary will be held on August 19 and the winner of those three will go on to face Cordova fisherman Jerry McCune in the November 4 general election.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages