The Kodiak City Council will gather for a regular meeting tonight and hear the first reading of its FY 2015 budget ordinance. If approved, the budget will then move on to a public hearing and second vote during the council’s next regular meeting.
Also on tonight’s agenda is the second reading and public hearing on a n ordinance that would authorize a land lease to Afognak Native Corporation. The council will also vote on whether or not to amend the professional services contract for construction management services for the new Monashka pumphouse project and authorize the bid award for construction for that pumphouse.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of each meeting and limited to three minutes per speaker. The meeting will also be broadcast live, here, on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Frank Deford, NPR's Longtime Philosopher Of Sports, Dies At 78
- On Day 3 Of Cancellation Chaos, British Airways Edges Closer To Recovery
- Baltimore Mayor Considers Removal Of Confederate Monuments
- Macron Opens A 'Demanding' Dialogue With Putin In France
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, May 26, 2017
- The state of our education system
- This weekend, Ryan Zinke makes inaugural Alaska visit as Interior Secretary
- Man shot by Fairbanks police after ramming into trooper, officer vehicles
- Fee to hike Kodiak’s Termination Point removed
- Two Interior residents missing after Yukon boating accident
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages