The Kodiak City Council will gather for a regular meeting tonight and hear the first reading of its FY 2015 budget ordinance. If approved, the budget will then move on to a public hearing and second vote during the council’s next regular meeting.
Also on tonight’s agenda is the second reading and public hearing on a n ordinance that would authorize a land lease to Afognak Native Corporation. The council will also vote on whether or not to amend the professional services contract for construction management services for the new Monashka pumphouse project and authorize the bid award for construction for that pumphouse.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of each meeting and limited to three minutes per speaker. The meeting will also be broadcast live, here, on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages