The Kodiak City Council will gather for a regular meeting tonight and hear the first reading of its FY 2015 budget ordinance. If approved, the budget will then move on to a public hearing and second vote during the council’s next regular meeting.
Also on tonight’s agenda is the second reading and public hearing on a n ordinance that would authorize a land lease to Afognak Native Corporation. The council will also vote on whether or not to amend the professional services contract for construction management services for the new Monashka pumphouse project and authorize the bid award for construction for that pumphouse.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of each meeting and limited to three minutes per speaker. The meeting will also be broadcast live, here, on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Sitka Sound roe herring fishery opens
- Sitka starts celebration for Alaska’s 150th anniversary with the U.S.
- Top athletes compete in Haines for Freeride World Tour
- Birch Hill cross country ski races to kick off in Fairbanks
- Young gives Trump a hand at bill signing
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages