The Kodiak City Council will gather for a regular meeting tonight and hear the first reading of its FY 2015 budget ordinance. If approved, the budget will then move on to a public hearing and second vote during the council’s next regular meeting.
Also on tonight’s agenda is the second reading and public hearing on a n ordinance that would authorize a land lease to Afognak Native Corporation. The council will also vote on whether or not to amend the professional services contract for construction management services for the new Monashka pumphouse project and authorize the bid award for construction for that pumphouse.
Tonight’s meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers. Public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of each meeting and limited to three minutes per speaker. The meeting will also be broadcast live, here, on KMXT.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heathrow Airport: MPs gear up for crunch third runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- 'I'm a trade unionist, not a terrorist'
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages