Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Sitka Sound roe herring fishery opens
- Sitka starts celebration for Alaska’s 150th anniversary with the U.S.
- Top athletes compete in Haines for Freeride World Tour
- Birch Hill cross country ski races to kick off in Fairbanks
- Young gives Trump a hand at bill signing
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages