Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Japanese Elections Strengthen Abe, Reward His Gamble
- Mainland Colleges Offer In-State Tuition To Students Affected By Hurricane Maria
- Blending Techno And Tradition: You Should Be Dancing ... With Sake
- Democrats Eye A Rare Opportunity In Alabama Senate Race
- The Russia Investigations: Interference Impacted Real Life; Senators Propose New Law
- Nuneaton: Police end leisure park siege, boss says
- Nuneaton: 'The guy ran up to the door with a gun' - witness
- Borrow more to boost building, says Sajid Javid
- WHO cancels Robert Mugabe goodwill ambassador role
- Spain Catalonia: Foreign minister denies 'coup' by Madrid
- Lewis Hamilton on verge of Formula 1 title with United States GP win
- Night Music: October 21, 2017
- Investigation shows BP Alaska reckoning with multiple accidents and leaks
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
- State Attorney General says all 229 Alaska tribes are sovereign
- State appeals controversial ballot initiative decision to Supreme Court
- AK: Volunteers work to rebuild damaged landscapes on Flattop Mountain
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages