Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- John McCain Set To Make A Dramatic Return Amid Political Storm
- Does Your Family's Century-Old Pyrex Still Rule The Kitchen?
- Does It Matter If Trump Jr., Manafort Are Under Oath When They Talk To Congress?
- What Are The Planet's Real 'Talking' Chimps And Gorillas Saying?
- Alabama Woman Stuck In NYC Traffic In 1902 Invented The Windshield Wiper
- Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
- Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
- Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl'
- Highest number of fatal police shootings for 12 years
- Marvyn Iheanacho jailed for killing boy over lost trainer
- Corsica fires threaten homes in Biguglia
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 24, 2017
- Marine debris won’t stop, but neither will those cleaning it up
- 2 Haines food entrepreneurs are finalists in Southeast business contest
- Behind the scenes of Wild Alaska Live
- Washington man pleads not guilty to murder, theft in Ketchikan doctor’s death
- ‘Mayor’ Stubbs the Cat passes away at 20
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages