Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins second term as president
- MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- In picture: Ugliest dogs compete for 2018 world title
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages