Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages