Kodiak is in the running for “Best U.S. Island.” The online competition is hosted by USA Today Travel and pins Alaska’s Emerald Isle against 19 other islands in the U.S.
Kodiak is the only island featured from the 49th state and has some stiff competition with places like Kauai, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico making the top 20 list.
That top 20 list was chosen by panel of travel experts from USA Today. They based their selections on criteria like beauty, accessibility, variety of terrain, things to do, wildlife, local culture and popularity. Folks can vote for their favorite U.S. Island until June 2. The winners will be revealed on June 4.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Still 'Pretty Damn Mad' Protesters Unite In Second Annual Women's March
- Paul Bocuse, 'Giant' Of French Cuisine, Dies At 91
- Animal Trafficking 'Kingpin' Arrested in Thailand
- With A Show Of Hands, Filipino-American Chefs Rekindle Kamayan Feasts
- Crime Is Down In American Cities, And 'Uneasy Peace' Explains Why
- Kabul: Gunmen attack Intercontinental Hotel
- US shutdown: Trump and Democrats blame each other
- Syria: Turkey war planes launch strikes on Afrin
- 'Ice Maiden' team celebrates ski record
- Profoundly deaf Maisie Sly is the star of a short film which may be nominated for an Oscar
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- What’s open, what’s closed if the government shuts down
- Governor follows up on State of the State speech
- AK: What’s it like to drive a 54,000 pound DOT plow truck?
- Ready to mush: Kusko 300 ready to kick off
- Interior aims to sign King Cove road deal Monday, official confirms
- Diverse backgrounds among three on list for vacant state Senate seat
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages