A joint effort by the Alaska State Troopers and Kodiak Police Department resulted in a drug bust on Friday. Three grams of tar heroin were seized in addition to $3,970. The estimated street value of the heroin is around $2,000.
The bust was the result of a joint investigation following a traffic stop made by Troopers. A press release from the Kodiak Police Department identified the occupants of the vehicle as Sarena Espinoza and Michael Richardson. Troopers became suspicious of possible drug activity based on prior histories with both occupants and contacted a drug enforcement officer from KPD. They obtained several search warrants which led to the discovery of the heroin and cash.
Both Espinoza and Richardson were arrested for misconduct involving a controlled substance in the second degree, a class A felony. They were arraigned in court on Saturday and bail was set at $50,000 each. The investigation is ongoing.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Those Affected By Trump's Travel Ban Hope For End To 'Chaos' After Supreme Court Case
- U.K. Officials Apologize After Lives Of Caribbean Immigrants Thrown Into Disarray
- Space-Hopping 'Avengers: Infinity War' Raises The Stakes To Infinity — And Beyond
- Suspect Is At Large After Shooting 3, Including 2 Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
- Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
- Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
- Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
- Kim Wall death - what we know so far
- Building material fire tests 'fail to properly assess risk'
- Offshore lease schedule for Beaufort draws flak
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- As Mat-Su mulls budget, school funding off the table
- Strong winds batter Anchorage
- Marijuana-regulating ordinance advocates flood Fairbanks city council hearing to urge passage
- Virgin America merger with Alaska Air reaches logistical crescendo this week
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages