A joint effort by the Alaska State Troopers and Kodiak Police Department resulted in a drug bust on Friday. Three grams of tar heroin were seized in addition to $3,970. The estimated street value of the heroin is around $2,000.
The bust was the result of a joint investigation following a traffic stop made by Troopers. A press release from the Kodiak Police Department identified the occupants of the vehicle as Sarena Espinoza and Michael Richardson. Troopers became suspicious of possible drug activity based on prior histories with both occupants and contacted a drug enforcement officer from KPD. They obtained several search warrants which led to the discovery of the heroin and cash.
Both Espinoza and Richardson were arrested for misconduct involving a controlled substance in the second degree, a class A felony. They were arraigned in court on Saturday and bail was set at $50,000 each. The investigation is ongoing.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Former Wisconsin Officer, Acquitted In Fatal Shooting, Takes Sexual Assault Plea Deal
- USA Gymnastics Says They Will No Longer Use The Karolyi Ranch Training Center
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- Cancer blood test ‘enormously exciting’
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Adolescence now lasts from 10 to 24, scientists say
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages