The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages