The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages