The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
- New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK
- US moves one step closer to imposing fresh Russia sanctions
- Charlie Gard: Court hears hospice best option for baby
- Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green
- IS wives: Why I joined the 'caliphate' in Raqqa
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Suspect arrested in Thalwil
- Afognak Island elk study looks at balancing logging with game management
- Fairbanks approves putting tax increase in hands of voters
- UAA celebrates 10 years of bringing writers together during summer reading series
- Slow gas deal causing problems for Interior Energy Project
- Coast Guard works together with mariners on Kodiak rescue
- Reassigned climate official worries “nobody home” on village relocation
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages