The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages