The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heathrow Airport: MPs gear up for crunch third runway vote
- Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
- Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year
- 'I'm a trade unionist, not a terrorist'
- Power lunch: US senators transfixed by Bear Cam
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Investing in small business
- Search still on for bear that killed one, mauled another in Eagle River
- Anchorage police arrest dozens in ‘Operation Midnight Sun’
- Two Alaska projects selected for federal marine energy innovation grant funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages