The Kodiak Middle School will see some upgrades in the near future. During Thursday’s borough assembly meeting the assembly voted in favor of a contract for phase 2 of a concrete repair project at the school. Borough Manager Bud Cassidy said the repairs will be made to the side walks and walls.
“They are in desperate need of repair, just go over there and take a look.”
Cassidy said money for the work was approved in 2004 with an approval by voters.
“It’s really the last 2004 bond project left. It was previously bid and the bids came in over budget.”
He said the scope was changed and the project was re advertised. Two bidders came forward for the contract.
“We’re recommending awarding the contract to S&S Enterprise Kodiak Lawn Care in the amount of $403,263.”
The assembly voted unanimously in favor of awarding the contract. Cassidy didn’t specify when the repair work might begin.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Walmart Offers Product To Destroy Leftover Opioids, But Critics Say It's Unnecessary
- U.K. Lawmakers Want To Battle Waste With A 'Latte Levy' On Disposable Cups
- Aetna Agrees To Pay $17 Million In HIV Privacy Breach
- U.K. Now Has A Minister For Loneliness
- A 'Fraught Time' For Press Freedom In The Philippines
- Bonuses for Carillion bosses are blocked
- 'Do not travel' warning as snow storm hits
- Koreas to march under single 'united' flag in Olympic Games
- YouTube singer Chrissy Chambers wins revenge porn case
- Residents asked to foot £2m bill to replace Grenfell-like cladding
- Dylan Farrow addresses Woody Allen sexual assault claim
- Traveling Music 1-21-18
- Board of Fisheries requires daily bag limits for subsistence shrimp harvest
- House leaders aim for compromise, early school budget this year
- Anchorage jail secretly, accidentally recorded attorney-client conversations
- Three finalists up for consideration to fill vacant Alaska Senate seat
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages