Fishermen getting a little loud on a Saturday night in port isn’t all that unusual, but this week, they’ll be getting loud in verse, as Kodiak hosts Fishermen Out Loud, the premier Fishermen Poet Gathering north of Astoria, Oregon. Kodiak Maritime Museum Executive Director Toby Sullivan is the organizer of the event, in conjunction with the Kodiak Arts Council. He, along with cowboy poet Ron McDaniel, were on KMXT’s morning news with host Jay Barrett to talk about Saturday night’s event at the Harbor Convention Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- California Wildfires Leave Seasonal Agricultural Workers In Limbo
- Holes In The Plot: Suspect Loses Bet With Cops, Turns Himself In — With Doughnuts
- Trump Says Administration's Response To Hurricane In Puerto Rico 'A 10'
- Meet Jacinda Ardern, 37, New Zealand's Next Prime Minister
- What's The Section 99 Tax Deduction?
- Red Salmon Cannery dinged for Clean Air Act violation
- King Cove and feds exploring options to build road without Congressional approval
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages