Fishermen getting a little loud on a Saturday night in port isn’t all that unusual, but this week, they’ll be getting loud in verse, as Kodiak hosts Fishermen Out Loud, the premier Fishermen Poet Gathering north of Astoria, Oregon. Kodiak Maritime Museum Executive Director Toby Sullivan is the organizer of the event, in conjunction with the Kodiak Arts Council. He, along with cowboy poet Ron McDaniel, were on KMXT’s morning news with host Jay Barrett to talk about Saturday night’s event at the Harbor Convention Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages