Many residents of Bells Flats hit the hay last night with no electricity, though it was restored before they woke up this morning.
According to the Kodiak Electric Association, a faulty insulator caused a short which cut off power to the Flats, Middle Bay, Chiniak and Pasagshak.
KEA linemen worked through the wee hours to find the problem and had the damaged equipment replaced by 2:14 this morning.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Students Serve Up Stories Of Beloved Family Recipes In A Global Cookbook
- Police Videos Aren't Going Away. How Can We Learn From Them?
- What If You Held An African Summit And No Africans Could Come?
- After A Wild Week, The House Trump-Russia Probe Endures — Barely
- A High School's Lesson For Helping English Language Learners Get To College
- Douglas Carswell quitting UKIP
- London attack: Two men continue to be questioned as seven released
- Boy, 17, dies after amateur boxing match in Derbyshire
- Trump defiant after healthcare bill pulled before vote
- US and UK laptop bans on some Middle East flights come into effect
- Red Nose Day 2017: Carpool Karaoke with Take That
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages