It’s a full agenda for the Kodiak City Council’s work session tonight. The seven-item list includes a discussion of sales tax exemptions, as well as discussion about depreciation funding for city assets.
The council will also hear an update on capital projects and talk about the possibility of allowing the Kodiak Football League to build a permanent snack shack structure at Baranof Park to sell concessions during athletic events. City code currently prohibits such permanent structures for the purpose of displaying, selling or soliciting the sale of goods or services, but it does allow permits to sell concessions using temporary structures. The football league uses one of these permits annually, but the hope was to build a permanent structure that could then be rented out during the off season or used for city purposes.
Tonight’s work session will start at 7:30 p.m. and take place in the multipurpose room of the Kodiak Public Library.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Former Wisconsin Officer, Acquitted In Fatal Shooting, Takes Sexual Assault Plea Deal
- USA Gymnastics Says They Will No Longer Use The Karolyi Ranch Training Center
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- Cancer blood test ‘enormously exciting’
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Adolescence now lasts from 10 to 24, scientists say
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages