It was a relatively quick meeting for the Kodiak Island Borough Assembly on Thursday. Half of the meeting was spent honoring borough employees, presenting awards and recognitions and proclaiming April as Month of the Military Child.
When it came down to business items, the assembly breezed through a handful of ordinances and postponed the vote on a change order that would amend a contract for project management services on the Kodiak High School addition and renovation project.
The change order was related to the borough’s contract with KHS project manager Bruce Walter of Wilson Engineering. The changes included an increased housing allowance for Walter, and an increase to the company’s hourly rate for the project.
Those requests didn’t sit well with some assembly members when it was presented during the work session last Tuesday, which is why Borough Manager Bud Cassidy recommended postponing the item during Thursday’s meeting.
“Given the discussion that went on at the work session we are asking that you postpone this indefinitely. We are negotiating with members of that firm, they are out of town. We’ll get it to you as soon as we can but given the discussion that we had we thought we’d recommend postponing this until we get the answers.”
The assembly voted unanimously to postpone its vote on the matter.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Sitka Sound roe herring fishery opens
- Sitka starts celebration for Alaska’s 150th anniversary with the U.S.
- Top athletes compete in Haines for Freeride World Tour
- Birch Hill cross country ski races to kick off in Fairbanks
- Young gives Trump a hand at bill signing
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages