It was a relatively quick meeting for the Kodiak Island Borough Assembly on Thursday. Half of the meeting was spent honoring borough employees, presenting awards and recognitions and proclaiming April as Month of the Military Child.
When it came down to business items, the assembly breezed through a handful of ordinances and postponed the vote on a change order that would amend a contract for project management services on the Kodiak High School addition and renovation project.
The change order was related to the borough’s contract with KHS project manager Bruce Walter of Wilson Engineering. The changes included an increased housing allowance for Walter, and an increase to the company’s hourly rate for the project.
Those requests didn’t sit well with some assembly members when it was presented during the work session last Tuesday, which is why Borough Manager Bud Cassidy recommended postponing the item during Thursday’s meeting.
“Given the discussion that went on at the work session we are asking that you postpone this indefinitely. We are negotiating with members of that firm, they are out of town. We’ll get it to you as soon as we can but given the discussion that we had we thought we’d recommend postponing this until we get the answers.”
The assembly voted unanimously to postpone its vote on the matter.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages