It was a relatively quick meeting for the Kodiak Island Borough Assembly on Thursday. Half of the meeting was spent honoring borough employees, presenting awards and recognitions and proclaiming April as Month of the Military Child.
When it came down to business items, the assembly breezed through a handful of ordinances and postponed the vote on a change order that would amend a contract for project management services on the Kodiak High School addition and renovation project.
The change order was related to the borough’s contract with KHS project manager Bruce Walter of Wilson Engineering. The changes included an increased housing allowance for Walter, and an increase to the company’s hourly rate for the project.
Those requests didn’t sit well with some assembly members when it was presented during the work session last Tuesday, which is why Borough Manager Bud Cassidy recommended postponing the item during Thursday’s meeting.
“Given the discussion that went on at the work session we are asking that you postpone this indefinitely. We are negotiating with members of that firm, they are out of town. We’ll get it to you as soon as we can but given the discussion that we had we thought we’d recommend postponing this until we get the answers.”
The assembly voted unanimously to postpone its vote on the matter.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages