Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- How A Theory Of Crime And Policing Was Born, And Went Terribly Wrong
- Texas Lawmakers Trade Assault Allegations After One Calls ICE On Protesters
- 'Asking God To Forgive Me': N.C. Lawmaker Seeks Redemption For War Votes
- Tiger Woods Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI In Florida
- Trump Honors Fallen Warriors At Arlington National Cemetery
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Native groups install totem pole at Gastineau Elementary, lost cemetery
- Digital restoration of The Drums Of Winter deepens colors, brings light to shadows
- Petersburg school uses Minecraft video game in student led program
- Quake prone cities on West Coast aim to improve countermeasures
- Alaska reflects on Memorial Day
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages