Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Those Affected By Trump's Travel Ban Hope For End To 'Chaos' After Supreme Court Case
- U.K. Officials Apologize After Lives Of Caribbean Immigrants Thrown Into Disarray
- Space-Hopping 'Avengers: Infinity War' Raises The Stakes To Infinity — And Beyond
- Suspect Is At Large After Shooting 3, Including 2 Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Corbyn anti-Semitism meeting 'disappointing', Jewish leaders say
- Alfie Evans parents to appeal against Italy travel ban ruling
- Trump and Macron hint at new Iran nuclear deal
- Man critical after Anfield attack before Liverpool-Roma clash
- Kim Wall death - what we know so far
- Building material fire tests 'fail to properly assess risk'
- Offshore lease schedule for Beaufort draws flak
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- As Mat-Su mulls budget, school funding off the table
- Strong winds batter Anchorage
- Marijuana-regulating ordinance advocates flood Fairbanks city council hearing to urge passage
- Virgin America merger with Alaska Air reaches logistical crescendo this week
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages