Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- John McCain Set To Make A Dramatic Return Amid Political Storm
- Does Your Family's Century-Old Pyrex Still Rule The Kitchen?
- Does It Matter If Trump Jr., Manafort Are Under Oath When They Talk To Congress?
- What Are The Planet's Real 'Talking' Chimps And Gorillas Saying?
- Alabama Woman Stuck In NYC Traffic In 1902 Invented The Windshield Wiper
- Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
- Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
- Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl'
- Highest number of fatal police shootings for 12 years
- Marvyn Iheanacho jailed for killing boy over lost trainer
- Corsica fires threaten homes in Biguglia
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 24, 2017
- Marine debris won’t stop, but neither will those cleaning it up
- 2 Haines food entrepreneurs are finalists in Southeast business contest
- Behind the scenes of Wild Alaska Live
- Washington man pleads not guilty to murder, theft in Ketchikan doctor’s death
- ‘Mayor’ Stubbs the Cat passes away at 20
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages