Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- California Wildfires Leave Seasonal Agricultural Workers In Limbo
- Holes In The Plot: Suspect Loses Bet With Cops, Turns Himself In — With Doughnuts
- Trump Says Administration's Response To Hurricane In Puerto Rico 'A 10'
- Meet Jacinda Ardern, 37, New Zealand's Next Prime Minister
- What's The Section 99 Tax Deduction?
- Red Salmon Cannery dinged for Clean Air Act violation
- King Cove and feds exploring options to build road without Congressional approval
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages