Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Scientists Peek Inside The 'Black Box' Of Soil Microbes To Learn Their Secrets
- Cryptocurrency Investors Worry, Wait After Bitcoin Price Drop
- 'This Is Depraved Conduct': Couple Charged With Torture After Kids Found Shackled
- More States Turning To Toll Roads To Raise Cash For Infrastructure
- Roger Severino Discusses The HHS Division Of Conscience And Religious Freedom
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Turpin case: California couple deny torturing 'shackled siblings'
- UK 'in grip of worst flu season since 2011'
- Cheers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Cardiff Castle
- Amelia Blake: Family 'shocked' by backpacker death in Sydney
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- Mat-Su Borough Assembly rejects agreement with state on air quality
- Among 100-plus proposals, Sitka’s sac roe herring fishery a top issue
- Top Republican, Democrat in Alaska Senate differ on income tax
- State-ordered investigation following BP leak finds no additional problem wells
- Calls for service plummet amid new strategy at Anchorage shelter
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages