Next week is the Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium, an event sponsored by the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. This marks the symposium’s second year here in Kodiak, and it acts as a forum for state, federal and academic researchers to present their projects and findings to the Kodiak community. The event focuses on topics related to Kodiak’s marine science culture, including physical oceanography, fisheries, marine wildlife, and historic and current human dimensions of all of these.
On this week’s Talk of the Rock, we heard about the upcoming symposium with guests Julie Matweyou and Kate Wynne of the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Sitka Sound roe herring fishery opens
- Sitka starts celebration for Alaska’s 150th anniversary with the U.S.
- Top athletes compete in Haines for Freeride World Tour
- Birch Hill cross country ski races to kick off in Fairbanks
- Young gives Trump a hand at bill signing
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages