The Kodiak Island Borough Assembly doesn’t often meet on Tuesdays, but tomorrow night they will gather for a work session to discuss concerns with the employee classification and compensation plan, among other things.
Last year Fox Lawson and Associates conducted an employee compensation and classification study to help make sure borough jobs were competitive with the statewide and national markets. The study resulted in some changes to the description of certain jobs, and changes in pay scales to make sure they were competitive. But the acceptance of that study, and some of the changes that resulted from it, raised questions from borough employees. The assembly hopes to work with the Personnel Advisory Board to help answer some of those questions tomorrow night.
Also on tomorrow night’s agenda is a discussion of the Old Harbor Leadership Summit. The Old Harbor Native Corporation, City of Old Harbor and Alutiiq Tribe of Old Harbor hold a semiannual leadership summit to discuss economic development, infrastructure, social issues and other topics of interest for the community of Old Harbor. Borough assembly members are invited to the summit, so they will discuss potential travel plans for the event, which will be held on May 23.
Tuesday’s work session starts at 7:30 p.m. in the borough conference room. The assembly will also hold a regular meeting on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the borough assembly chambers.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Quebec Enacts 'Religious Neutrality Law' That Curbs Full-Face Veils In Public
- Yes Or No? Spain Demands An Answer On Catalonia's Independence
- Federal Judge Orders Government To Allow Abortion For Teenager In The U.S. Illegally
- Declassified Files Lay Bare U.S. Knowledge Of Mass Murders In Indonesia
- Emoluments Hearing Hints At What May Be At Stake: Trump's Tax Returns
- How to end homelessness in Anchorage, together
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- Federal, state and Anchorage officials roll out “Alaska Anti-Violent Crime Strategy”
- All seven resolutions passed on final day of Elders and Youth conference
- Fish and Game looks to secure water rights along major state rivers
- Iditarod names Joseph Redington, Jr. 2018 Honorary Musher
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages