Coming up this week, fisheries in the far west may see less restrictions after another look at what’s causing the Steller sea lion decline in the Aleutians, they’re going to give seining for pollock a try around Kodiak, and what it’s like smack in the middle of the barely controlled frenzy that is a Sitka Sound sac roe herring opening, all coming up on the Alaska Fisheries Report. We had help from KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KCAW’s Rachel Waldholz in Sitka and KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Trump Administration Releases Classified Warrants For FBI Wiretap Of Carter Page
- 4 Years After MH17 Downing, Advocates Urge Continued Attention To AIDS Crisis
- Mastermind Behind Malta Journalist Killing Remains A Mystery
- Rome's Subway Expansion Reveals Artifacts From The Ancient Past
- The Taliban Couldn't Quash This Pakistani Squash Champ
- Court filing aims to prevent lawsuits by Alaska victims in Las Vegas shooting
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, July 20, 2018
- Murkowski calls on Trump to end ‘sad chapter’ of splitting families at border
- In apparent suicide, man dies after jumping from eighth floor of UAF building
- UA’s College of Education
- 49 Voices: Benito Achas of Kodiak
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages