Coming up this week, fisheries in the far west may see less restrictions after another look at what’s causing the Steller sea lion decline in the Aleutians, they’re going to give seining for pollock a try around Kodiak, and what it’s like smack in the middle of the barely controlled frenzy that is a Sitka Sound sac roe herring opening, all coming up on the Alaska Fisheries Report. We had help from KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KCAW’s Rachel Waldholz in Sitka and KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Mexico City Earthquake Update: Desperate Attempts To Reach Girl Trapped By Rubble
- Trump Administration Plans New Sanctions On North Korea
- Top Stories: Tracking Hurricane Maria; The Reach Of Credit Bureaus
- Shellfish Surprise: Common 'Herbivore' Dinosaur Found To Snack On Crustaceans
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico Without Electricity, Hits Dominican Republic
- Ryanair plans to make pilots change holidays
- Two-year Brexit transition deal 'discussed at marathon Cabinet'
- Mexico earthquake: Race to save children under collapsed school
- Ian Brady: Moors Murderer 'would remove feeding tube'
- Hell in a bottle: I survived an acid attack
- Murdered Briton Emma Kelty 'shot and thrown in Amazon'
- Amid evolving Afghan mission, Alaska soldiers ready to deploy
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Sep. 20, 2017
- ‘Vote no’: Left takes to TV and sky to reach Murkowski
- Traveling Music 9-24-17
- Interior official says Trump administration has the ‘guts’ to allow oil exploration in ANWR
- Ask a Climatologist: The fall color formula is pretty simple
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages