Coming up this week, fisheries in the far west may see less restrictions after another look at what’s causing the Steller sea lion decline in the Aleutians, they’re going to give seining for pollock a try around Kodiak, and what it’s like smack in the middle of the barely controlled frenzy that is a Sitka Sound sac roe herring opening, all coming up on the Alaska Fisheries Report. We had help from KUCB’s Lauren Rosenthal in Unalaska, KCAW’s Rachel Waldholz in Sitka and KDLG’s Mike Mason in Dillingham.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- With Centrist Democrats' Success, Party's Identity Struggle Gets More Complicated
- Ohio Democrat Marcy Kaptur Makes History As Longest-Serving Woman In The House
- After Documenting Nazi Crimes, A French Priest Exposes ISIS Attacks On Yazidis
- Don't Call This Rebel On Wheels An 'Angel From Above'
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Meet Lily and Gizelle
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages