The Alaska Senate has released its version of the Fiscal Year 2015 Capital Budget, and it includes millions of dollars more for Kodiak and House District 35 projects. The big ticket items include:
• $3-million for the next phase of water and sewer replacements in Aleutian Homes and $2.6-million for replacement of the Kenai Pump House;
• $2.4-million for deferred maintenance to the Kodiak Launch Complex;
• $15-million from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council money for land acquisition on Afognak Island;
• $10-million in federal funds are budgeted to pass-through the state for Kodiak and Yakutat airport improvements; and,
• $400,000 for renovations to the Kodiak Campus of the University of Alaska.
The legislature is schedule to wrap up in less than two weeks, and the Senate’s budget must be reconciled with the State House version before then, so specific items in the capital budget could change.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rohingya Crisis Is Making Some In Myanmar Rethink Their Views Of Aung San Suu Kyi
- Researchers Find Herpes Viruses In Brains Marked By Alzheimer's Disease
- Some DNA Dismissed As 'Junk' Is Crucial To Embryo Development
- With Billions At Stake, Supreme Court Rules States May Tax Online Retailers
- Sara Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister's Wife, Is Charged With Fraud
- Brexit: Three 'simple' questions for EU citizens to stay in UK
- Confusion reigns over fate of detained migrant children
- Sophie Gradon, former Love Island contestant, dies
- Addenbrooke's 'silly' cancer nurse Debbie Bye found after appeal
- Naz Shah's wheelchair vote prompts calls for Commons reform
- Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Alaska delegation mulls Trump order keeping children detained with parents
- Amid criticism of homeless camps, Anchorage officials weigh aggressive policy change
- Guiding peers on the path to recovery from addiction
- State: Permafrost melt from Arctic broadband projects violated permits
- Two coal-seam fires merge to form rapidly-growing wildfire near Healy
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages