The Alaska Senate has released its version of the Fiscal Year 2015 Capital Budget, and it includes millions of dollars more for Kodiak and House District 35 projects. The big ticket items include:
• $3-million for the next phase of water and sewer replacements in Aleutian Homes and $2.6-million for replacement of the Kenai Pump House;
• $2.4-million for deferred maintenance to the Kodiak Launch Complex;
• $15-million from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council money for land acquisition on Afognak Island;
• $10-million in federal funds are budgeted to pass-through the state for Kodiak and Yakutat airport improvements; and,
• $400,000 for renovations to the Kodiak Campus of the University of Alaska.
The legislature is schedule to wrap up in less than two weeks, and the Senate’s budget must be reconciled with the State House version before then, so specific items in the capital budget could change.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Keystone XL Pipeline Gets Regulators' OK In Nebraska, Clearing Key Hurdle
- Trump To Designate North Korea As A State Sponsor Of Terrorism
- Spit Test May Help Reveal Concussion Severity
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Merkel 'prefers new vote' after German coalition talks fail
- Brexit: Electoral Commission reopens probe into Vote Leave
- Jana Novotna: Former Wimbledon champion dies at age of 49
- Why do so many US women die giving birth?
- Florida plane highway crash caught on dashcams
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages