The University of Alaska Board of Regents met here in Kodiak last week, and agreed on two recommendations designed to help students who take classes from more than one campus at a time.
One would create a common academic calendar for all campuses in the state, and the other would make math and English requirements the same across the system as well.
The calendar will not go into effect until the 2015 school year, and the general education requirements the year after.
Student Regent Courtney Enright said in a release that the calendar changes will help students, like herself, who take classes at multiple campuses at a time. In the past, she said, she’s had classes from Anchorage, Fairbanks and Southeast campuses in the same semester.
The general education resolution would standardize class descriptions, numbers and titles.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Health Insurers Are Vacuuming Up Details About You — And It Could Raise Your Rates
- Amid A Hispanic Boom, Conflicting Feelings On Immigration
- Trump's Helsinki Bow to Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?
- Money Surges Toward House Democratic Hopefuls
- Late Mother Teresa's Order Investigated For Child Trafficking In India
- Vote Leave: Brexit campaign 'broke electoral law' in referendum
- Millions to face hosepipe ban in north-west England
- Brexit: Chequers plan not dead, insists Liam Fox
- Trump-Putin summit: US president under fire over poll meddling comments
- Slime toys could have 'potentially unsafe levels' of boron, says Which?
- IS fighters' orphaned children stranded in Libya
- Iditarod adds four new board members amid criticism
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 16, 2018
- Alaska’s LNG project looking for private contractor to help with federal permitting
- Alaska senators fault Trump for going easy on Putin
- Alutiiq ancestral objects return home to Kodiak after nearly 150 years
- Looking to fill niche and begin enterprise, Anchorage teen opens streetwear store
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages