Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
- Powdered Vaccine Raises Hopes Of Stopping A Top Killer Of Kids
- Can Sears Survive? Maybe Not, Company Admits In Financial Filings
- Tillerson: Defeating ISIS 'No. 1 Goal' for U.S., But Others Should Do More
- When Is A Deal Just A Deal? When Trump Sells A Property, It's Not Always Clear
- London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- BA and Easyjet laptop ban 'in force by Saturday'
- IS conflict: US airlift backs new assault near Raqqa stronghold
- Wreckage of crashed helicopter R116 found off Mayo coast
- Trump ex-aide Paul Manafort 'offered to help Putin'
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages