Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software
- U.N. Human Rights Chief: Aung San Suu Kyi Could Be Culpable For Genocide
- Cities With Uber Have Lower Rates Of Ambulance Usage
- Could A Zap To The Brain Derail Destructive Impulses?
- 'Panic And Confusion' As Pakistan Orders Foreign Aid Groups To Shut Down
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Deaths as carriages fall on US motorway
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Aerial footage of the scene
- RAF Mildenhall: Shots fired in security alert at US Suffolk airbase
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Liverpool jail: The worst conditions ever seen, says report
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected ANC leader
- Pebble names First Quantum Minerals as new partner
- Algo Nuevo December 17, 2017
- For third straight year, Gov. Walker proposes budget drawing from Permanent Fund earnings
- ACLU sounds alarm on non-criminal immigrant detentions in Anchorage
- Alaska marijuana regulators issue first-ever license revocation after slew of violations
- Conoco hopes to crack open off-limits North Slope land
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages