Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Education Department Faces Deep Cuts; DeVos Faces Tough Questions
- Foreign Policy Thinker Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies At 89
- Two Sisters Try To Tackle Drug Use At A Montana Indian Reservation
- Report: Kushner Discussed Setting Up Secret Communications With Russia
- Life-Without-Parole Sentences For D.C. Sniper Thrown Out By Judge
- Manchester attack: Terror threat reduced from critical
- British Airways: Computer problems cause flight delays
- Labour promises flexible train tickets and money for grassroots football
- Kushner 'discussed secret line to Moscow' - US media reports
- Chris Cornell: Friends and family at Soundgarden singer's funeral
- 'No regrets' over bomb photo use - editor
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, May 26, 2017
- The state of our education system
- This weekend, Ryan Zinke makes inaugural Alaska visit as Interior Secretary
- Man shot by Fairbanks police after ramming into trooper, officer vehicles
- Fee to hike Kodiak’s Termination Point removed
- Two Interior residents missing after Yukon boating accident
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages