Responding to direction from the Board of Fisheries, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has moved forward with a new pollock test fishery in Kodiak waters, using seine gear.
At January’s Fish Board meeting here in Kodiak, board members and fishermen expressed interest in a walleye pollock test fishery with seine gear. In an announcement last week, the Kodiak Area Office of Fish and Game announced the test fishery will be conducted prior to June 9th. Given that time frame, interested fishermen need to register with the department by 5 p.m. Friday.
Starting next Monday, the Department will start contacting registered vessel operators to coordinate the test fishing activities.
The announcement adds that operators must obtain a Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission miscellaneous finfish permit card for purse seine gear. Contact the groundfish management biologists at Fish and Game in Kodiak for more information.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- China Acknowledges Sale Of Advanced Missile Technology To Pakistan
- John Bolton's Curious Appearance In A Russian Gun Rights Video
- On Defense Over Russia, Trump Could Get Another Boost From House Intel Panel
- Unlike Much Of The Rest Of Washington, The Supreme Court Is No Snowflake
- Invisibilia: We All Think We Know The People We Love. We're All Deluded
- Theresa May to warn EU leaders of Russian threat to democracy
- Facebook's Zuckerberg 'sorry' over Cambridge Analytica 'breach'
- Westminster attack: Tobias Ellwood recalls 'eerie' silence
- UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit'
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Austin bomber: Deceased suspect named in Texas blasts
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- After avalanche, crews clear road to Hatcher Pass
- Achieving wellness through Medicaid expansion
- Perryville man arrested, charged with murdering his grandfather
- In thwarted home invasion, Alakanuk shooter stopped by daughter’s boyfriend
- Response to oil spill in the Shuyak Strait continues
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages