At 11:30 Wednesday night, Kodiak Fire Department specialists were called in to help Bayside with the rescue of a severely injured person who fell from a 30-foot cliff on Cliffside Drive.
In an announcement Thursday morning from KFD Chief Rome Kamai, the name, age or gender of the victim was not revealed, but it did say the person was transported to Providence Hospital for treatment. No other details were available.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Brexit: May unveils 'fair and serious' offer on EU citizens
- Grenfell Tower: Eleven high rises 'fail fire-risk tests'
- Hinkley Point deal 'risky and expensive'
- Canadian sniper 'kills IS militant two miles away'
- Otto Warmbier: Funeral held for student jailed in N Korea
- Philando Castile: Girl, 4, calms mother in police car
- ‘Sense of relief’ as cuts to UA system are less than expected
- Murkowski’s take on health bill? Stay tuned.
- Man charged in 2015 Wasilla double murder
- Walker signs bill granting health insurance to dependents of fallen police, firefighters
- “Doesn’t he know it’s frozen?” How Alaska almost overlooked Prudhoe Bay
- Juneau tops national list of smallest cities with most millionaire households
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages