Today during the 50th anniversary week of the Great Alaskan Earthquake and Tsunami, we continue our Waves of Destruction series, brought to you by a partnership with the Kodiak College.
Today we’ll hear from Art Zimmer.
Kodiak builder Art Zimmer was in the midst of loading lumber onto his flatbed when the earthquake struck. He was relatively new to town and did not know that tsunamis often follow large earthquakes in coastal Alaska.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- 'Going There': 3 Prominent Detroit Natives Reflect On The 1967 Riot
- Snooty The Manatee Dies, And A Florida Community Mourns
- Father Of Girl Ticketed For Selling Lemonade Responds To Supporters: 'Make A Stand'
- Chris Froome Wins His Fourth Tour De France Title In Paris
- As The Climate Changes, Kenyan Herders Find Centuries-Old Way Of Life In Danger
- Electricity shake-up could save consumers 'up to £40bn'
- Charlie Gard: Parents face 'backlash' over hospital threats
- Ben Needham: Blood found on items in hunt for toddler
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- Sir Elton John and Prince Harry on Princess Diana
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages