Today during the 50th anniversary week of the Great Alaskan Earthquake and Tsunami, we continue our Waves of Destruction series, brought to you by a partnership with the Kodiak College.
Today we’ll hear from Art Zimmer.
Kodiak builder Art Zimmer was in the midst of loading lumber onto his flatbed when the earthquake struck. He was relatively new to town and did not know that tsunamis often follow large earthquakes in coastal Alaska.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages