Kodiak students interested in learning more about PreMed programs offered through the University of Alaska Anchorage will have a chance to do so this weekend. The 9th annual Alaska PreMed Summit will be videoconference from UAA at the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center on Saturday from 9 a.m. until around 4 p.m.
Brian Himelbloom is an associate professor at the marine science center and said the summit focuses on the program WWAMI.
“And what that stands for are the five states in the pacific northwest – Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho. And the whole idea behind the program is to support medical education across this entire region.”
Himelbloom said students that apply and are accepted into this program would be on their way toward obtaining a medical degree through the University Of Washington School Of Medicine.
As for Saturday’s summit, Himelbloom said people can stop by and learn more about necessary steps for entering the medical field.
“Yeah it’s more of an informational session so they can pick up quite a number of brochures and information as their making their decisions on their next steps in education.”
While registration isn’t required, Himelbloom said it would be helpful if people interested in attending contacted him before Saturday to let him know they might go. He said folks can contact his office at the Seafood and Marine Science Center.
Support Kodiak Public Radio
- Students Serve Up Stories Of Beloved Family Recipes In A Global Cookbook
- Police Videos Aren't Going Away. How Can We Learn From Them?
- What If You Held An African Summit And No Africans Could Come?
- After A Wild Week, The House Trump-Russia Probe Endures — Barely
- A High School's Lesson For Helping English Language Learners Get To College
- Douglas Carswell quitting UKIP
- London attack: Two men continue to be questioned as seven released
- Boy, 17, dies after amateur boxing match in Derbyshire
- Trump defiant after healthcare bill pulled before vote
- US and UK laptop bans on some Middle East flights come into effect
- Red Nose Day 2017: Carpool Karaoke with Take That
KMXT1-907-486-31818 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Top Posts & Pages